Finan: Seeing into the future

You woke up, painting, sweating, seeing blurs of a vision fading before your eyes. Visions of a woman in birth, dying while giving her son new life, visions of a man, a warrior, heavily sick and almost dying on his way to the danes. And then you saw another woman, surrounded by darkness and death as she rode along in the company of an almost dying man. The short climpes of a sword, a amber colored stone ... it was Lord Uhtred, warrior of king Alfred, both saxon and dane. His path was divided between grief and glory. He was cursed, cursed by the witch in their company and just as many he didn't dare to kill her.

It was a long ride. You horse pulled strength out of your whisperings, hooved plunshing into the cold winter grounds as you followed the trail of your visions further to Dunholm, home of Ragnar and the danes. Knowing he would be there you grew confident when arriving before the great walls.
'Who are you?' Ragnar shouted from on top of his walls.
'I'm here for lord Uhtred.' You pronounced, petting your tired but still restless horse on the neck. It was silent for a moment before the gate went open and a warrior walked outside.
'I don't know you, what is your business with Lord Uhtred?' He asked.
'I'm Y/n and I do know you, Finan.'
'Your a seer?' He asked with squinted eyes.
'Your lord is cursed by Skade, I'm here to help.' You simply said. He looked at you for a very long time, shrugging as he put himself in a more comfortable position.
'Why should I believe a word coming from that tongue of yours?' He frowned his eyes shortly, almost looking amused in the interrogation he was making.
'Uhtred lost his wife to this curse, given he isn't here to greet me I think he is still to weak.' You explained. Finan looked to the ground before he looked aside to Sithric who came through the gates.
'Anything else?'
'That you will find your own happiness something.' You said with a small smile. He looked a lot more interested all of the sudden. Finan started whispering to Sithric who gave you a long thorough look. 'I know how to break that curse, isn't that what you all want?' You stated.
'Don't let her in!' Skade yelled from somewhere inside of the walls. You looked up to Ragnar and his men before Finan pushed open the gate.
'In that case, come in.' He joked. You clicked your tongue and your horse walked in.

The Lord was still to weak to even talk with you. What left you in the constant company of Finan who was in charge now.
'Tell me, how do we break the curse?' He asked curious, providing you with a cup of ale and something to eat.
'I thought you would be more interested in your own future.' You smiled.
'Believe me he is, he is just too proud to ask.' Sithric smiled as he walked by back to the Lord his room.
'It's not your curse to break, only Uhtred can do it.' You answered Finan his previous question. The man looked into the fire, swimming around in his own thoughts and the responsibility to serve Uhtred to the best of his abilities.
'Will he kill the curse?'
'Yes, in time.' You answered confident. Finan looked aside to you, just gazing as you just looked back. 'Our fates are entwined Finan.' You softly said, still looking at him. He seemed confused for a second, a look that kept detailing his face.
'What do you mean?'
'She means you get to ride her one day.' Ragnar laughed from his side of the fire. You looked from underneath your lashes over to Finan who was chewing on a piece of chicken, smiling over the thought he could have you. 'That is of course if my brother isn't claiming her first. She is a dane, can Irishman like you handle women like her?' Ragnar followed, mocking almost.
'I like danish woman, they love to get their hands dirty.' Finan reacted with that typical accent of his. You looked up from the fire.
'That and so much more.' You promised him.
'I like you already.'
'Should we pull straws?' Ragnar asked.
'I'm gonna cut of your balls if you take her to.' Brida warned him. You chuckled, stretching your fingers over the fire, trying to get some warmth into your body. When you looked up Finan was looking at you through the dancing flames. You knew he would fall for you the first battle to come, after you killed the enemy ... but he didn't knew that. For now his loyalty was overpowering his sense of love. But gaining Uhtred his trust would make things easier for him. Looking back to the fire you started singing a song, a song that put all men around you to ease. Giving you the certain trigger to new visions.
'He will drown her.' You whispered to yourself. Finan was still looking at you.
'As long as it kills the curse.'
'It will, I make sure it will.' You whispered, receiving that rare smile of his, a smile of gratitude for helping his Lord. You softly smiled back, starting to sing again until his eyes got heavier and he finally found the rest he needed.