3

Theo ~

We had just crossed over into California and the car headed north. Please don't let us need passports for this. As much as I would love to go to Canada, you still need passports to cross over. And nowadays it takes a lot of blood work to get one.

"T, your phone is ringing." Mox said from beside me.

"I'm driving answer it and put it on speaker. I need to learn how to hook it up to Bluetooth." I said frowning at the device Mox was now holding.

"Hello, T's driving hold on while I put you on speaker." Mox said.

"Hello." I said.

"T my man, hows it going?" Carson's voice rang through the car.

"Hey man, we just crossed over into California heading north so there is only two more states after this one so I think we're close." I said.

"So I've decided to have you pick me up in Redding. Your next stop for fuel and food call me. I'll be there is a flash." He said laughing.

"Okay, and if the car stops before that because we are like a hundred and something miles from there." I said laughing.

"Then tell me where you are and I'll be there in a flash." He said with a chuckle.

"Sweet dude, bring some of Ms. Glenda's beef jerk with you." Mox said.

"And some fresh apples from Mr. Connors." Wren yelled.

"Comfort foods from home, got it." Carson said laughing.

"See you then, man." I said laughing.

"Bye for now." He yelled hanging up.

"How'd he know we was close to Redding?" Mox asked.

"He's tacking the car and us." I said knowing how.

"So cool, I sometimes wish Clark was our dad too." Wren said.

"Well in the blood readings of our fathers and of your mom there is traces of magic in their blood lines. And as a fairy you have your own kind of magic. But it is more for growing plants and helping the animals then what Carson and even I can do. Mox can do simple spells for himself like writing or turning a page in his book. I'm sure you can as well. Carson can do potions where I am more of a chanter. I can do some potions but like Clark I'm more of a book and words kind of witch. Carson is a potions and reading witch. He can deal out cards and let you about your future." I said as the car got on a freeway.

"Has he read our future?" Mox asked.

"I asked him not to, and if he did I didn't want to know. I want us to go into this with an open mind and not already have a feeling of what's going to happen." I said checking out the views of where we was.

"I kinda wish I knew what was going to happen." Mox said with a sigh.

"I know your scared that they won't want anything to do with us and they might not. But we have always been the three. And we will always be the three until you guys find your mates. And even if I find mine you'll always be with me. Because I'm your brother and I love you guys to the moon and beyond. No mate will change that for me." I said with as much conviction as I could.

"You're more like our dad then brother, T. You raised us. Mox was only three and I was a baby when you took over our care." Wren said. It's true but I never let them get confused on who I was. Not when Wren called me dad or even when Mox did it for a little bit. When they was old enough to understand I corrected it. I never wanted to be their dad. I loved being their brother.

"Even if we do find them, do we have to live with them if they say so?" Mox asked.

"No, I gained full parental custody of you guys when I turned 18. I have all the legal documents in the trunk. They couldn't if they tried they abandoned us and have no rights to us. This adventure is for answers and to hopefully find our place in the world. As much as I loved our home town, I felt like all I was to the people in it was someone to do their work for them. Granted I learned a lot of skills and made enough money so we could do this and have a few treasures in life. But I'd like to work for me and buy the things we need and would love to have." I said catching my breath after that big sob story.

"I would only like three things. A phone, computer and my own room with a tv." Mox said.

"Ditto." Wren said laughing.

"I'd like my own room and maybe a laptop so I can finish my schooling. I'd like to do something that makes good enough money so we can have all that." I said smiling at them.

"Look Redding is in 97 miles." Wren said getting excited.

"Looks like we are heading in the right direction then." I said laughing.

"I hope Carson brings that jerky I'm hungry." Mox said rubbing his belly.

Mox was big for 15 and he ate like a beast. He looked like our dad Max. Dark brown hair, brown eyes and a nice all year round tan. Where as Wren who looks like her mom. Firey red hair green eyes light skin and a tiny little thing for 10 years old. Now I look like Jonah. I have his baby blues and his black hair. But I have Clark's skin tone which is a dark tan than Mox. I'm thin and tall like Clark where Mox is tall and bulky like Max. I'm still taller then him but he's close to my hight.

"I have to pee." Wren sang.

"We need gas so next exit." Said hoping the car understood.

"Look there is a Barns and Nobles, can we look? I need a new book.

"Gas and then we will go to the book store, they have a Starbucks inside so I'll get my triple mocha Frappuccino." I said ready for the drink of the Goddess.

"Can we get a Frappuccino too?" Wren asked.

"Decaf and a small one." I said knowing how they get if they have to much caffeine. Candy, soda and other treats was a rare thing for us growing up. We got the necessities given to us and that was it. Fresh clothes, basic foods I could cook and toiletries. For holidays and birthdays we would get a treat so to speak. A half of a pie or three slices of cake. The town didn't want to waste money on the kids that parents didn't want them. So we got what they deemed the essentials.

When I was actually getting money I would by treats and use them for good behavior. And they would get an actual gift on their birthdays. Not much but they loved them just the same.

"One book each and we will get drinks. You guys are getting spoilt on this trip." I said laughing.

"I just finished my book and need the next one." Mox said heading off to where his favorite books are.

"I need a new coloring book and some crayons." Wren said going to find what she needed.

I watched them as they picked out what they needed before we headed to check out. After we got our Starbucks I ushered them to the car. We needed to get to Redding to meet with Carson.