Acid Reflux (Niall)

2.800 words. This was a request from @Biocas_Universe . I wrote it together with @_OneDirection21 . Enjoy!

Niall was out with his friends at the evening. They were going in the cinema to watch a brand new action movie. Zayn and Liam both agreed with it, even though Liam hesitated first since it was pretty late. The movie started 9:30pm so Niall wouldn't be home before 11pm. Zayn and Liam used the time while Niall was out and the twins asleep to have some time for themselves. You know. Not just cuddling.

After the movie ended Niall and his friends decided to go and eat something before going home since they all were quite hungry. They went to an chinese takeaway place since everythingelse had closed. Niall wasn't a big fan of Chinese food since he hated spicy food but he was hungry. He ordered some noddles with a sauce that was labeled as 'not spicy'. While they ate Niall noticed that the sauce was pretty spicy anyway and it didn't taste good aswell. But he already knew that he would like it but he was too hungry to eat nothing.

While eating they drank some coke and chatted about the movie. Well mostly about the hot girls. After around 30 minutes everbody finished and they said goodbye. Niall went home and after 10 more minutes he arrived and hopped immediately into bed. He was somewhat tired. He fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow.

As Niall woke up in the middle of the night he felt a feeling in his chest that he never felt before. It felt like his chest was on fire. He coughed a little, hoping that it will make it stop but it didn't. It just caused him to hiccup and he felt something sour-bitter rising up his throat. He thought he was going to throw up so he quickly leaned over to edge of the bed. Nothing came up even though he felt acid backing up into his throat over and over again. Hoping that he just could sleep it off Niall laid back down just to notice that laying down made it worse. He hiccuped and this time some bile made his way up completely and he spit onto his pillow, followed by some harsh coughs due to the burning in his throat.

He decided to go and wake Zayn and tell him about it. While getting up he noticed how bloated his stomach looked and felt. Niall wanted to cry. He shuffled into his parents bedroom "Papa..." he mumbled. Zayn laid curled up in the little spoon position with Liam, both deeply asleep. "Papa.." Niall said again, shaking Zayn on his shoulder "Wake up...". Zayn groaned "too early. Just 5 minutes" he rolled over and cuddled into Liams chest. "Papa. Wake up.. I don't feel well" Niall whimpered. Zayn immediately sat up. Liam didn't like to abrupt movement groaned something inaudible and rolled over, falling back asleep. "Whats wrong Ni?" Zayn frowned. Niall had one arm wrapped around his chest "I have a weird burning feeling in my chest.. And I feel like throwing up, hiccuping or burping the whole time.. And I feel bloated.." Niall told him, tearing up. "Aww Ni. C'mere" Zayn opened his arms and Niall immediately crashed into them. Making sure that Niall was in an upright position Zayn asked "Does it feel like there is bile rising up your throat over and over again?". Zayn wasn't surprised as Niall nodded.

"My poor bubba." Zayn frowned as he rubbed his back and Niall sniffled and laid his head on Zayn's shoulder and kept an arm around his stomach as Liam woke up and Zayn told him what was going on and liam frowned and kissed niall's cheek before going and getting a bucket just in case Niall felt sick or anything as Zayn turned the tv on for him, hoping he wouldn't be too bad. Liam smiled sadly at him as he sat down beside them both and the three of them cuddled for a while. Niall was groaning and moaning which only got interrupted from a few sickly hiccups. Zayn rubbed Nialls chest a little bit, hoping it will make him a bit more comfortable. "when I was in your age I struggled with that too Buddy" Liam told Niall with an sympathetic smile. "I don't like it dad." Niall whined with a groan as Zayn carried on rubbing his chest. "I know love... it'll be over soon I promise." Liam said sadly as he kissed Niall's forehead and Niall sighed sadly. Niall changed his position so he sat on Zayn lap, chest to chest and rested his head on Zayn shoulder. Zayn had an idea "Liam could you get a towel please. One of the old ones?" Liam frowned but nodded. He left for a few moments and gave to Zayn after he returned. Zayn laid the towel over his shoulder and started patting Nialls back. "It works with babies so why wouldn't work it with teenagern" Zayn said. "I guess that's clever... fingers crossed it works." Liam said and Zayn nodded as he carried on patting Niall's back, hoping it would work since he hated seeing any of his kids in pain. Niall retched a little bit but swallowed it back down. "Hey.. Try not to swallow it okay? You need to get it out if your system.. I promise you will feel better after that" Zayn continued patting his back and after a few more minutes Nialls whole body tensed up, he retched and made a terrible choking noise before spitting out pure stomach acid, coughing harshly at the burning feeling in his throat. "Ssh, that's it. Just let it out Nialler." Zayn soothed as he carried on patting Niall's back and Liam came over and rubbed his arm soothingly as Niall spat out the stomach acid on the towel on Zayn's shoulder. Niall coughed and spit up multiple times between burping and hiccuping he had quite a lot of air in his stomach. "You doing so good" Zayn continued patting his back until the boy stopped after a while. "Better now?" Liam asked and Niall nodded "still burns pretty bad but I don't feel like puking or as bloated as before". "That's one step forward at least." Liam smiles softly and Niall nodded as he sniffled and snuggled back into Zayn's chest as Liam took the towel to wash and then handed Zayn another one just in case. "What did you eat at the cinema sweetie?" Zayn rubbed small circles over Nialls back while Niall told him about the Chinese takeaway. Zayn sighed "Thats probably the reason why it hurts so much baby.. You shouldn't eat spicy stuff directly before laying down or going to sleep" Niall just whined in response. Liam handed Niall a bottle of water and the boy took a few small sips before handing it back and laying his head back down, closing his eyes. Liam smiled as he kissed his head and Niall yawned and fell asleep, cuddled into Zayn's chest and Liam kissed both their cheeks before going to check on the twins. Louis was sleeping like a rock. Harry laid in his bed, moving around in his sleep. His nappy was already leaking a little. Liam smiled softly and kissed both their heads before gently changing Harry's nappy so he wouldn't wake up and then put the dirty one in the bin and kissed his cheek before tucking him back in. Harry nearly woke up during it but staid asleep and continued sleeping peacefully after the change. Liam left them and went to lay down with Zayn and Niall so they could catch some more sleep.