Shiro

After being shot I lost consciousness. I woke in a hospital. The bright lights and white sheets gave it away instantly. Everything is groggy, but I manage to make out the blurry figure of what I assume to be my brother. "Keith?"

"Shiro," Keith squeeze my hand. "You're going to go into surgery soon. It's going to be okay."

"Matt?" I rasp.

"I'm sorry Shiro." Tears well up in my baby brother's eyes, something that I rarely see. "He was a really good friend of mine too, but he died Shiro."

"No," The words barely leave my mouth before I'm out again.

The surgery went by without a hitch it was after that things went down hill. First they found air bubbles in my IV. I was saved before anything major happened but it was still quite a scare. Then the food that was going to patients was found to be poisoned. Hospital security was upped tremendously after that incident.

Honestly, what happened next would haunt my nurse for years after my short stay. She knew the amount of medicine written down on the sheet was too much and yet she gave it to me anyway. She blames herself for my death. She goes about everyday thinking about how if she would've applied her own medical knowledge I'd still be alive.

Unlike my friends though, I died peaceful. The drug was a sedative. I simply went to sleep and never woke back up.