Hunk

We shouldn't have to bury two friends in the same week. Shiro and Matt had already been accepted into college and had there whole life ahead of them. Death isn't fair. Not just for the people who die but us their friends and family who have to keep going onward. Matt and Shiro died just days apart so arrangement were made for them to be buried together.

The two boys were dressed handsomely for the funeral. They had always been good looking men, but with their hair slicked back and their suits pressed they looked even better. It's sickening to me how we dress up dead bodies. I hate the idea because it's like they're still alive. I don't want to be reminded of just a few short days ago when air still filled their lungs.

I can't deal with happy memories. I can't think about them planning Pidge's surprise birthday party or the time they tried to teach Lance how to play baseball. It's too hard to think about their laughter and their kindness that they spread everyday. More than anything though, it's too hard to move on.

——

After the funeral, the rest of the gang and I load into Gregory's. The diner used to be a rival to my family's restaurant but recently we stuck a deal for better business. I'm not really let in on the politics but I'm the main chef for my family's business.

"Hiya Hunk!" Gregory, the owner, greets my friends and me. "This meals on me, alright kiddos?"

"Thank you." Lance thanks the middle aged man but it's obvious Lance is having even more trouble now that Shiro and Matt are in the grown than before hand.

We all order and are served are meals. God, I'm so sad that this food doesn't even taste right. I eat it anyway so I don't accidentally offend Gregor.

——

Later I wake up in the middle night puking nonstop. After I was left dry heaving over the toilet I just rolled into the shower fully clothed and let the cold water cascade down upon me. Not even a minute after soaking I have to get out of the shower as my bowls leak out waste from the other end.

I begin crying from the utter pain that I'm in. I feel like my guts are melting. I'm like a wax candle turning into to liquid from the heat of the flame. It's too much pain. I pull up my soaking wet pants and call out to my older sister.

When she comes in she immediately begins helping me out. She told me to take off my wet clothes and get back in the shower while she goes and gets our moms.

Before she leaves I stop her. "It hurts really bad."

"You're going to be okay." She assures me. "Mommy Tia and Mommy Kathy will know what to do."

"I feel like my stomach is melting." I say then immediately start vomiting blood.

"I have to go get them," tears well up in her eyes. "I'll be right back."

When she returns with our moms I'm dying in the tub off our shower. My moms help into some dry clothes and hall me into the back seat of our car. My sister sits back there with me, rubbing my back as I puke into a bowl.

I've lost so much blood through vomiting I'm starting to black out. "Sissy, I'm going to die."

"No you're not we're almost to the hospital." I take a sharp breath in and begun choking on my own blood infused vomit. My sister rolls me over in the car trying to help me cough up to bile. "Come on Hunk just hang on. Come on just another mile."

I can't breath. I'm drowning. Pretty soon my vision goes completely black and I die in the parking lot of the hospital. My sister over my freaking out trying to bring me back. She yells my name over and over desperately. My moms sit in the front of the car silently. Mommy Kathy gets out of the and picks up my dead body taking it into the hospital.

The doctors are unable to save me. My sister is unable to cope. The police are unable to trace where the poison came from, but my friends are sure it was Gregory's trying to sabotage my family. If it was indeed the chef at Gregory's, their plan worked. With in the week my sister was sent to a psychiatric facility for suicidal tendencies and my mom's sold the restaurant to pay to the bills. Our family's family diner were I learned to cook is gone, just like.