2 - Expelled?

"Dementors in Little Whinging, what next?" The old, hobbling woman asks as you have made it back to the streets of the town. It is still raining, and your (h/c) braid is drenched. You look to Harry, whose jet black strands dance with water.

"I dont understand." He says, fixing Dudley on his shoulder. You look to the fat boy, who has his eyes crossed from the attack. "How do you know....?"

"Dumbledore asked me to keep an eye on the pair of you."

"Dumbledore?" You ask, looking to the senior. "How do you know him?"

"After You-Know-Who killed that poor Diggory boy last year... did you expect him to let you go wandering on your own?" You wince at the mention of Cedric, but try to brush it off as you come closer to Four Privet Drive. Though, its a bit hard to tell as the rows of houses are all identical. Potter shakes his head, and the old woman rolls her eyes.

"Good lord, they told me you were both brilliant!" She laughs, setting a hand on your back. She pushes you toward the sidewalk of your adoptive-brothers-aunts house. "Now, get inside and stay there. Both of you. Expect someone will be in touch soon. Whatever happens, don't leave the house."

You nod, then turn to the front porch as you drag the lump of a human along. The clouds now glow with an ominous green, but you dont pay it much attention as you kick the door shut. You hear Petunia call from the living room.

"Dudlykins?" Her shaky voice calls, only hoping for her own sons protection and well being. "Is that you?"

You round the corner to the living room. Petunia sees her child held between you and Harry, his face pale and his eyes lolling about.

"Duddy? Vernon, come quick!" She stands, her black and white frilly dress swaying as she grabs Dudley. You and Harry sit next to each other at the counter as Dudleys equally large father hobbles into the room.

"Who did this to you, boy?" The gray haired man asks, looking to his son. Dudley is still unable to form words, so he raises a swaying finger between Potter and yourself. Vernons gray mustache twitches with his lips as he stomps toward you both.

"Happy, are we, now? You've finally done it. You've finally driven him loopy."

"Vernon, don't say that."

"Well, just look at him, Petunia. Our boy has gone yumpy! I've reached my limit, do you hear? This is the last I'm gonna take of you two and your nonsense." You groan, having heard this same lecture many times before. You go to say something back, as you always do, but the back door flies open. You spin around in your chair, and a black owl flutters into the living room. It drops an envelope into the floral print couch, then collapses itself. You glance at your brother as the envelope flies into the air on its own.

The wax seal on the letter falls down a bit, spliting itself in two to form moving lips. Two narrow slits form on either side of the lips, resembling a face. It stares at you and Harry, then talks in a snooty, high pitched, feminine voice.

"Dear Mr. Potter and Ms. Black. The Ministry has received intelligence that at 6:23 this evening you performed the Patronus Charm in the presence of a Muggle. As a clear violation of the Decree for the Reasonable Restriction of Underage Sorcery, you each are hereby expelled from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Hoping you are well, Mafalda Hopkirk."

The letter returns to a normal form, then falls to the ground. Your eyes widen, and you swallow hard as you feel your hybrid eyes turn lemon. Vernon starts laughing, and you glare at him with fanged teeth as he speaks.

"Justice!" He says, sneering. You jump off of your chair, dashing up the stairs. You slam the door, and you feel the house shake with the force. You walk over to your wooden dresser, the only furnishing other than your desk and bed, and plow your fist into it. Your body shakes as you hold back sobs. How can you not go to Hogwarts?! How can you not see your friends! How can you not see.....