9 - Not Now

"Skiving Snackboxes." You hear Fred say as you grow closer to the twins, who have boxes upon boxes of products with the 'W' mark on them.

"Sweets that make you sick!" George says as you walk right past the group. You see a first year sorting through a few, debating which one to get.

"Try these ones." You say, rummaging in your pocket and pulling out a galleon. You grab a small green candy, then hand it to the boy. "Get you out of class any time." The young kid smiles at you, then pops it in his mouth. You walk past the Wealsey twins, who stand side by side.

"Thanks for the support, Black." The say says as you hand Fred the gold, being that they saw the whole ordeal.

"Of course, boys." They grin at you as you walk through the buzzing Gryffindor common room and make your way to a velvet couch. Harry sits alone on it, studying for his OWLs. You vault over the back, plopping down next to your brother.

"Let me see it." You say, realizing he is hiding his left hand beneath his book. He glances your way, then goes back to reading. Of course he would ignore you, he doesnt want you worrying with how angry you are in the first place.

"Hermione, youre honestly the most wonderful person Ive ever met." You turn, seeing Ron and the frizzy brunette hair. "If I'm ever rude to you again..."

"Ill know youve gone back to normal." She responed, laughing. She then notices your gaze on Harrys hidden wrist.

"Whats wrong with his hand?"

"Nothing." Harry respond before you can answer. You glare at him, then rip his palm out from hiding. They see the cut up skin, which is turning gray and dry around the 'I must not tell lies' wound.

"Bloody hell, Harry. The womans torturing you!" Ron says, looking your way. "If the parents knew about this-"

"Well I don't have any of those." You frown at Harrys harsh words. You are lucky enough to have your father alive, but you know the pain of not having either. You hadn't a clue Sirius was your dad a few years ago.

*Time Skip*

You sit in the miniscule library in your chambers, writing as you look out the frosty window. Draco sits at your side, flipping through book pages as you scribble down a letter.

Dear Padfoot... I hope you're all right. It's starting to get colder here. Winter is definitely on the way. In spite of being back at Hogwarts, I feel more alone than ever. I know you, of all people, will understand.

You finish the letter, then turn away from your desk. You'll have Hedwig send it later, but at the moment you have things to do. You walk over to your couch, grabbing your favorite green hoodie that belongs to Draco. He sees you putting it on, but you dont hear as he sets his book down and walks over to you.

"Where are you off too, then?" You roll your eyes as he wraps his skinny arms around your waist.

"I dont think its your business."

"Everything is my business. Besides, I dont want someone as stupid as you wandering off and getting lost." You turn around, putting your hands on his chest.

"You know, you arent the best at sentiment." He raises an eyebrow as you walk away from him, heading towards your doorway.

"Arent you forgetting something?"

Once more, your eyes roll, and you strut over to him. You lean up, placing a gentle kiss on his lips. He smiles against your mouth, pulling you into him.

"Ah, no, I am busy." You say as he tries to deepen the kiss. You pull back, but he still holds you in his grasp. He narrows his pale blue eyes at you as you wrap your arms around his neck.

"Your life isnt that important, Dratheum." He tightens his grip on you, making it obvious he wants you to stay with him.

"To me it is. I promise Ill be back, just go back to reading."

*Time Skip*

You walk in the Forbidden Forest, with lttle to no hesitation. You've been in this place so many times that to you, it really should just be called 'The Forest Where Nothing Good Ever Happens'. You shove your hands in the pockets of your boyfriends emerald hoodie as a few sticks snap beneath your black converse. Finally, you find who you are looking for.

"Hello, (Y/N) Black." Luna says as she removes her hand from the muzzle of one of the skeletal onyx pegasi that surround you. They all trot around the woods in a vague clearing.

"Hey, Luna." You greet the girl with nearly white hair and icy eyes. She seems to be constantly smiling, even though she must be freezing based on her bare feet.

"Arent you cold?" You ask, raising an eyebrow. She glances back at you with a minute smile.

"Just a bit. Unfortunately, all my shoes have dissapeared. I suspect Nargles are behind it." You brush off her comment about the mysterious 'Nargles'. She rummages in her bag for something as you look back out at the glade, taking in all of the creatures. One of the skeletal pegasi stands next to a foal that is incredibly tiny. It walks around, a newborn by the looks of it, and nearly trips as it learns to run on its leathery legs.

"What are they?" You inquire, brushing a (h/c) strand out of your (e/c) eyes so that you can see the curious creatures better. They're so......amazing!

"They're called Thestrals. Quite gentle, really. Some people are frightened of them because they are just so....." She rolls a maroon apple towards the foal, who sniffs it curiously. He neighs, kicking it away as he sniffs her bag.

"Different." You finish her sentence, sharing a smile with her. The Thestrals are just like you. She tosses a slab of meat, which she must have stolen from the kitchens, to the carnivorous horse. It takes it happily, running back to its mother.

"Why cant anyone else see them?"

"They can only be seen by people who've seen death."

"So..." You turn your body towards Lovegood. "Youve lost someone, then?" She nods, but seems relatively unfazed.

"My mum. She was quite an extraordinary witch, but she did like to experiment... and one day, one of her spells went badly wrong. I was 9."

"I'm sorry." You say, feeling a bit sorry for the girl.

"Yes. I do feel sad sometimes, but Ive got Dad." She looks back to the foal, who has finished its snack and made its way back over to the pair of you.

"We both believe you, by the way." She states, gesturing between her and the critter. "That He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named is back, and that you fought him.....and the Ministry and the Prophet conspiring against you."

You allow a faint grin to play on your lips. If you have no one but your close friends and Harry, well, at least Luna is there too.

"Thank you. You seem to be one of the few who do." With that, you bend down to the animal. You stoke its bony head, and it closes its eyes in contentment. Luna smiles at you in the woodland area as the sun leaps about the forest floor and the dieing leaves.

"I dont think thats true." She says as you stand up again.

"What do you mean?" You frown at her, but are ever so slightly curious.

"Well, if I were You-Know-Who... I'd want you to feel cut off from everyone else... because if it's just you alone... you're not as much of a threat." Your eyes widen. How could you have been so foolish as to miss that! Your lips spread into a broad smile.

"At least he cant seperate Harry and I. We're alone together."