12 ~ Assembly

"Who are we even meant to be meeting?" You ask as snowflakes gently fall onto your (s/c) face, stained red from the cold.

"Just a few people." Hermione says at your side. She, as well as Ron and Harry, are accompanying you on this strange mission. Apparently, she arranged a group of people that you are meant to be teaching. You fought Voldemort last year, otherwise it would be Harry doing this. He is going to be your assistant, as he is the other 'Chosen One'.

Hermione leads you to a small tavern at the edge of Hogsmeade. It is completely void of living creatures, except the barkeep who is the one allowing this assembly. Hermione opens the door to the basement, where Dolores would never think to look, and leads you to your peers.

***

It's awkward as Hell. For about three minutes everyone has been staring at you as you sit on a stool in the basement. The gray light from outside is the only thing that reveals the faces of the meeting. The Weasley twins, Ginny, the Patils, a large group of Gryffindors, Luna, Neville, Collin, a few others. There are twenty people all looking at you in silence.

"So...." Hermione says, wringing her hands. "You all know why we're here."

"We need a teacher." Harry says, giving you a reassuring smile. "A proper one. One who's had experience in defense against the dark arts."

"Why?" A raven haired Gryffindor inquires. "Because she says You-Know-Who is on the rise?"

"Because Dumbledore says!" You exclaim, giving her a stern glare. You regret the snapping, but you find yourself unreasonably angry all the time. At least as of late.

"The point is, there's no proof!" The girl says once more. "If you could tell us more about-"

"IF YOU'RE JUST HERE TO LEARN ABOUT CEDRIC, CLEAR OUT!"

Your voice rings out in the basement as you shouted. Even Fred and George are shocked. You look to Hermione, your fists clenched in absolute frustration. How dare they talk about Cedric.

How dare they?!

"Hermione, it's no use-"

"Is it true you can produce the Patronus Charm?" You turn to see Luna looking at you curiously. She didn't mean any harm. She's a sweet girl, she's kind, she's calm, and it comforts you.

"Yes." You say, looking to Harry who also nods his head. Lupin taught him as well, and his Patronus is a stag like his fathers. Your adoptive brother looks out at the group, knowing his plan is to get them to trust you.

"She killed a basilisk!" He says, grinning proudly at you. Fred and George speak in unison after him.

"Third year, she fought off about a hundred dementors at once." You smile gratefully at the twins as Ron speaks up.

"Last year she fought the Dark Lord face to face."

"Look." You say, gazing at the hopeful group as the younger ones stare in awe at you. You rise from your stool and put your hands up in a calming manner. "That's all.....flattering.....but the truth is most of that was dumb luck. Half the time I didn't know what I was doing, and I had a lot of help. Harry can vouch!"

"She's being modest." Potter says, doing the opposite of what you wanted. He's done some pretty amazing stuff too, why must you be the one?

"Harry, you know I'm not." He looks down and frowns. "Facing this stuff outside of school.....it's scary. You slip up and you can be slaughtered. You don't know what it's like to watch......to watch as someone dies......"

You find yourself shaking vigorously. You look down to the floor, blinking tears rapidly out of your eyes as you clear your throat.

"You're right, (Y/n), we don't," Hermione said softly, her hand resting on your shoulder. You looked up at her gently. "That's why we need you to teach us."

***

You were all quick to leave Hogsmeade after you made your agreement: Harry and yourself would teach the others. It was final. Now? A place to practice was the next thing you needed.

It was a big shock when Neville stumbled upon the fabled Room of Requirement. It was as if Hogwarts wanted you to fight back!

And you were absolutely ready for that big of a call to arms.

Even if it meant keeping secrets from the people you cared about.

Even if it meant keeping secrets from Draco.