The Call

I ran upstairs and into my room. I can't take this anymore. I wanted answers.

Three days ago, Perrie kept ignoring me. I tried to talk to her also, but no words will come out of my mouth. She still sat beside me during our classes- which makes the atmosphere more awkward between us. I went to the library during lunch like I used to, but I never sat on our usual table. Instead I went further from that, and to my surprise, Sam Craske was sitting on a couch not far away from where I've been sitting. He had a book in his hands. I never thought Sam would be in the library reading a book. I still felt a little excitement running through my veins every time I saw him. But somehow, it felt wrong. He must've noticed my gaze at him as he looked up and our eyes met. He instantly broke into a smile, getting up and walking towards me. I smiled back at him- again, it really felt so wrong.

So that day, we talked, catching up things. Especially, things about Perrie. He told me what happened after she was discharged in the hospital. Doctor Miguel told them that she will be fine. Just a little rest and she's going to be back to normal. Zayn and Niall got detention for a week because of what they did. And that mades me even more glad.

I bursted into my room, hurriedly getting my phone and dialing her number. I told myself that I wouldn't call her if she wouldn't talk to me first, but that's a stupid thought right now.

"Come on, pick up." Was the words I kept muttering under my breath as I paced around the room.

First ring.

Second ring.

Third ring.

She's still not anwering.

Fourth ring.

What if she's still ignoring me? What if she didn't want to talk to me? What if-

"Hello?" 

I jumped, punching my fist into the air as I was careful not to make any sound. I missed hearing her voice.

"Hi, Pez." I said, bitting my lips to contain the giggles that was about to come out. Fuck, I felt so happy right now. "What's up?" After I said that, I cursed myself. I wasn't supposed to say that! I'm the one who called her, not the other way around. Stupid Thirlwall.

I heard her chuckle on the other end of the line, heat instantly rise up to my face, and I thanked all the gods above that she wasn't here to witness my flushed face. "I was supposed to say that, but thank you for finishing my sentence though."

"I-I know right? I was just so stupid and said stupid things and I was the one who called you and-"

"Jeed, you're rambling."

I stopped, frowning to myself. "Am I?"

She chuckled. "Yeah. Wait, I think you're nervous-"

"What? No! I was just- I was just talking to you. W-Why would I be nervous?"

"Rambling, check. Stuttering, check. Voice raised when you said 'what?', check. Miss Thirlwall, based on the tests I've done.. You're nervous." She said in an authorized tone. She might be mimicking Doctor Miguel right now, making me laugh.

"Fine. Call it what you want. But I'm not nervous."

"Suit yourself." She said, and I can hear her smilling on the other end of the line. Shit. "So why'd you call?"

"I- uh, nothing. Just wanted to talk to you about something."

"Okay, I'm listening." She encouraged. I was tempted to tell her about the letter she made, but thought that she didn't even know Harry kept it and gave it to me. I was dying to know what she meant about the letter. Yes, she did kinda have offended me in an annoying way, but she has reasons behind it that I wanted to know.