5.

The moment he saw her standing by his locker, Farkle knew something was wrong. 

Cameron always waited for him by his locker after school, usually to walk him home, but this time she seemed kinda off.

Before she noticed him approaching he saw her look around nervously, almost like she was looking for someone.

When he saw her begin to chew on her thumbnail, he knew something was definitely wrong. Cameron told him a couple weeks into their relationship that she only did that when she was nervous or scared.

Seeing her doing it always made him worry.

When he got to her, he tapped her shoulder to get his attention, causing her to jump and turn to him.

Once she saw it was him she relaxed immediately.

"Oh, hey," She took her thumb out of her mouth and smiled at him.

He frowned.

"What's wrong?,"

Her smile faltered slightly.

"Nothing. Why?,"

She brought her thumb up to her mouth and began to chew her nail again.

Farkle took her hand and pulled it away, squeezing it gently.

"You're chewing. What's wrong?,"

He sees her hesitate and he starts to worry more.

Maybe it was something bad?

"It's nothing. C'mon,"

She tries to turn and lead him out of the school but he won't move, causing her to stop.

"I'm not moving until you tell me what's wrong," He says, making her sigh.

She uses her free hand and runs it through her hair, fighting the urge to chew on her thumb.

"I saw Kai today,"

He stares at her.

"What? What happened? Did something happen?,"

He tugs her closer and brings his hand up to her chin, inspecting her face for any potential bruises.

All she says is a quiet "Yeah," and she leans back, moving away from his hand.

He drops it and uses it to grab her other hand.

"What happened?," He repeats, his eyebrows furrowing in worry.

She sighs again and refuses to make eye contact as she explains what happened.

When she finished, Farkle's grip on her hands tightened. Not enough to hurt her, but enough to show he was angry.

He doesn't address his anger, instead he steps closer and wraps his arms around her, letting her rest her chin on his head.

"Are you ok?,"

He feels her shake her head. "No,"

"Is there anyway I can make you feel ok?,"

She shrugs and pulls away.

"I don't think so, I'll be alright. But we should go before we get locked in here,"

School let out about fifteen minutes ago and the majority of the student body was long gone, leaving just the two of them in the hallway.

Reluctantly, Farkle sighs, but nods, and allows her to lead him out of the school.

-

Word Count- 461.

This book has been getting a lot of updating requests, so I decided; why not update it? XD

Sorry if it's too short, I haven't written in a while so I'm kinda lacking inspiration at the moment :p.