6.

Later that night, the gang met up at Riley's to do homework together like they usually do.

Farkle, however, was unusually distracted. He kept check his phone, occasionally picking it up to type something, and kept anxiously tapping his pencil on his binder.

Which was annoying and kind of concerning.

"Farkle. Stop," Maya took it upon herself to stop his tapping, by snatching the pencil out of the boys hand.

Farkle sighed, mumbling a quiet "Sorry," before checking his phone again.

"Stop the too, you're making us nervous," Lucas said, quickly taking the phone out of his hand.

Farkle reached for it, only for the Texan to hold it out of his reach.

"Give it back," Farkle reached for it again, but this time Lucas tossed the phone to Zay.

"Not until you tell us what's going on. I've never seen you this anxious before," The other boy stated, tucking the phone into his jean pocket.

Farkle sighed in annoyance and looked to Riley for help.

All she did was give him a soft smile. "He has a point. What's up with you?,"

He sighed again, frustrated this time, but stayed quiet.

Maya hesitated, not sure if she should ask what she wanted to ask.

"Did you and Cameron break up?,"

Everyone looked at her.

"What?," Farkle asked, frowning in confusion. "No. Why do you ask?,"

Maya shrugged, putting on her best poker face.

"I dunno, just asking,"

Farkle turned back around, deciding not to question it further.

"If that's not it, then what's wrong?,"

Lucas asked, starting to become more concerned.

Farkle opened his mouth to answer, but stopped himself when he heard his phone buzz from Zay's pocket.

Everyone turned to Zay and he froze on his spot on Riley's bed.

"...You guys want me to check it or?,"

Farkle immediately shot up. "No!,"

Zay held his hands up in surrender. "Ok ok, I won't,"

Farkle sat back down, obviously relieved.

"If I tell you what's wrong I can have my phone back?," He asked, looking down at his hands.

The group nodded, all making sounds of agreement.

"Fine," Farkle took a breath. "You guys know Kai, right?,"

-

After he finished explaining what happened, Zay tossed him his phone back, and he quickly checked the recent message.

He read over it quickly before typing a response and standing up. His friends watched as he began to pack his stuff into his bookbag.

"Where are you going?," Maya asked, raising am eyebrow.

"Cameron's house, I'll see you guys tomrrow,"

Before anyone could ask follow up question, he was out the window and heading down the fire escape.

There was a tense silence.

Zay cleared his throat. "Well, that was weird,"

Nobody said anything.

--

When Farkle arrived at his girlfriends house, he was let in by Janitor Harvey and was told to head upstairs.

He did as told, thanking the man, nefore quickly walking up the carpeted stairs.

When he got to the top of the stairs, he took a left, knocking on the door in front of him.

He heard a muffled "Come in," and let himself into he room.

He'd been here enough to know he didn't need to knock, but he did it anyway.

Farkle shut the door behind him and smiled at what he saw.

Cameron was seated on the steps of her fire escape, a blanket draped over her shoulders.

She turned around to face home and scooted over, motioning rot him to sit next to her.

He came over and crawled through the window, sitting next to her.

She lifted the blanket up so it was draped over the both of them and leaned on his shoulder.

"Thanks for coming over,"

He kissed the top of her head and wrapped an arm around her, pulling her closer.

"Anything for you,"

They sat like that and talked until it got dark.

-

Word Count- 646.

This is probably all over the place, if it is, sorry.