Chapter 9

They had been stuck indoors for most of the time, only leaving for the store as the only exception. Every time Freddie looked at Alice's cat calendar he felt sad. They had a day and a half before they had to leave for the next city. It left him wondering about Alice and trying his best to come up with a plan to keep in contact.

He wondered around the house in the rare time he had alone, the others went with Alice to pick up a few things before they left to finish their tour. 

'Right the tour...' He remembered. It seemed like he spent an eternity living like this and he wasn't ready to leave.

This was something he dreamed of vaguely. A cozy house and someone to love within it. 

His hand grazed the wall as he looked about admiring small knickknacks and trinkets. What would she be leaving here; if he were to steal her away?  

He turned around and scanned the place over with his eyes; seemed like she wouldn't be leaving much. 

Her job? 

She could do better. He could give her anything she wanted really.

Her friends?

She never mentioned any.

Her house?

She rented.

Her belongings?

He could help put them in storage somewhere.

But could he convince her? That was the real question.

He wanted to take her with him, show her a life she could only dream of. All the books she could read, all the music she could tolerate, the best food and drink with names she's never heard. He could give her the best life and he wanted to, whatever she wanted. 

Freddie also knew better, she didn't want all that, she didn't want his money. She wanted him and his time, his friendship, his love. He could give all that.

He was tore from his thoughts as everyone started coming in through the front door.

Alice looked up at him as she was slipping off her shoes. She knew immediately knew something was obviously wrong. His arms were crossed, he wasn't smiling, just had a stern furrowed brow, a slight frown and eyes that almost gave the impression he was scared. 

It reminded her of the time her father greeted her at the door after sneaking out with her friends to see a local band play. He had the same expression on his face. Like he was really worried but too stubborn to say and instead grounded her for disobeying him and worrying her mother; but she knew he had been the one more worried.  

"You alright Fred?" She asked sounding concerned.

"Can we talk?"

The boys, who were stripping off coats and scarfs looked at each other. They silently watched the two go into the back bedroom.

"I really liked her too."  Roger sighed.

"Yeah." The others agreed.

The boys had simply thought that Fred was ending his fun with her.

Freddie had his hand over his mouth as he looked for the right words to say.

"Fred, just tell me what's wrong." Alice placed her hand on his arm, in attempt to comfort him.

There was a long pause as he looked down at her.

"Leave with us, with me."

She stepped back, away from him. The statement took her off guard. It was not something she expected, in fact it never crossed her mind that they would have to leave soon. It was then that she wanted to cry.

The thought had never crossed her mind, that they would leave and she would be here in an empty house, all alone again. She still didn't know why she stayed here, in this stupid town, in this stupid house, alone with her stupid self. She lived her life simply and never thought of anything more. 

'Forget this place! Forget that shitty job and this shitty town! Run away with him! What are you waiting for?! Say yes or never see him again and never follow your heart on love!' Her brain screamed at her.

"Alice please.." Freddie pleaded, worrying that he crossed the line.

"Why would I say no?" She shrugged laughing lightly.

Freddie was elated, his face beaming with happiness. He seized her in his arms and squeezed her tightly.

"I don't ever want to be without you." He whispered. "Alice, you've made me so happy, darling."

Author's Note:

Hoooo boiii, I have delayed this too long. Forgive me for not posting sooner! hope you like <3