chapter four

Love has always been this glass ball,

that could be put back together but everything that happened,

the pieces got harder and harder to put back,

each time it was broken.

and I, Genevieve feared it, far more than I did spiders. because there wasn't a venom much stronger than love. Coursing to your veins and made your heart pound and head sink with all the what if 's. it was terrible and it was foul. it only led to being broken. That's why I was confined to my room,to my writing, to the parties, to the hard liquor, to the objects of interest. to Katie, who's love didn't really matter to me and it was required. To carrie and Alex, whom didn't really care if I didn't show them love the way they did to me. who let me be myself and didn't force me to acknowledge them as an actual person. but for some reason. I felt - no I knew jace wasn't going to let this slide by. I knew that he was going to make me see him as person and that could lead to terrible things. so that whys I was hiding out in my room til he left. granted it was a fucking dickish move since he did nothing but help me and annoy me for some reason.

I sighed get dress and sit in the living room next to Alex in our two seater. I zone out for bit while they talked about whatever.

"gen...gen...GEN...for fuck sakes listen to me." I jumped at the sound of carries voice, causing the guys in the room to laugh.

"what. what do you." I said, whining at her for scaring the shit out of me.

" I was just saying, that if you knew that the tattoo shop I work at. is the one that jace owns." I stare at her, like she just told me she started doing meth before blinking and leaning back on the couch.

"him owning a tattoo shop, not shocking, I bet he does piercing too." Carrie stares at me for a moment and then crosses her hands over her chest but before she can even speak jace beats her to it.

"Yes, we do. it's half off on Wednesday." He says smirking at me. I "mhmmm" him while rolling my eyes.

"hot shot" I thought to my self before smiling it suited him well.