chapter six

I just typed and ignored the fact that jace was leaning against my door, as if his only reason for being there was to piss me off. It probably was too. Finishing off the chapter of the story I was writing. When suddenly the song, sleeping with sirens "a trophy father's trophy son" began to play. I looked at my cellphone screen as my jaw dropped as I read the name...Clara. I answered and waited for a moment before her long voice called out to me.

"Gen" she shouted and I couldn't help but start laughing.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"I'm in New York and I have an extra room. Move in with me." I stared at my phone for a second and laughed.

"You're playing right?"

"No, woman"

"I'll think about, come by. Ill text you the address"

"Okay, I'll be there around 8, with my woman."

"You're still with him..." she made this weird yes sound and hung up.

"Was that a friend?" jace asked.

"Oh shit, I forgot you were here and why do you care"

"I don't"

"So don't ask" he smirked at me and a narrowed my eyes at him slowly. I went back to typing...after a couple of minutes. I opened up a picture file of me and Clara in high school. I was bit bigger than I was now...it was in our school crappy field day we were both laughing because of what Clara's boyfriend had told her. I was older but she was taller than me, by a couple of inches. I met her in theatre and after than you always saw us together. She quickly became my friend, then my sister. In my picture, she had her redish brown hair in a ponytail, it when pass her mid back, while mine at that time when a little passed my shoulders. Her amber colored eyes were shining, well because she was in love. She was an all-round pretty girl. I wonder how much she changed since I when to college. I clicked to the next picture and it was me, Clara, and noah, who was clara's boyfriend at the time and still was. I stared at the picture for a few minutes before smiling wildly at the screen. maybe i would move in with them. i honestly did miss them. i need a change.

"Jace and Gen...we are back." i heard Carrie shout from the enterance. i got up from my chair and looked at jace.

"well that was nice.." i said looking at the floor, he placed his hand on my shoulder and took a deep breath.

"dont forget what i said." i nodded and he walked away.

"stay for dinner" i called out to him while putting all the food i had to cook for tonight..

By the time I finished Clara and Noah were already knocking on my door. When we locked eyes we embraced each other like to kids and even shed a few tears while we were at it.

Carrie stared at Clara with disproving eyes, she cough lightly and stepped over to her, extending her hand.

"I'm Genevieve ' s best friend, you are?" I raised my eyebrow and looked at Clara.

"Let's try this again, I'm her best friend, Clara...and who might you be?" She asked with the same tone carrie gave her.

"Carrie..."She said while walking away.

"Hi clara." Alex said out of no where, considering the fact that she didn't like him...I was fucking confused on why he would say hi.

"Alex..." She said, taking a paper. She stared at jace, with her eyebrow raised up. I had no idea what was going on. Noah just stood there, finally looking up.

"Is the food done?" He asked, I nodded and we all made our way to the eating area. Throughout the whole night. Clara watched jace ' s every move and scribbled on her paper, grunting and making noises like a psychologist would. At one point I was started to feel uncomfortable.

"Can I help you with something? " jace asked, finally looking at her. I laughed under my breath and look at him.

"Sorry, this is clara...Clara this is jace." I said and she smiled, but It wasn't a nice kind of smile. 'It was a fuck up and I'll kill you' smile, witch cause me to wonder her thinking at the moment. I was going to ask her about that later. The rest of dinner was quiet. Nothing was said. Glares between Clara and carrie. Questionable looks from Clara to jace and me And Noah just eating. In my opinion it went better than I thought it would.

After saying over goodbyes. I went straight to bed.