8 Days Before X-Mas

신앙
(Author's Name: Point of View)

The mornings are now colder than usual, but the Christmas spirit that everyone spread throughout the whole New York City spread warmth and love. Jisoo and Ella went through the regular morning routine with Jennie tagging along but this time Jisoo had different plans. 

Before an hour to leave to work and drop off Ella to Irene's place, Jisoo popped into Ella's room. "Honey, remember what you asked me yesterday morning?", she warmly smiles as she sits next to her daughter who was zipping up her second layer of the jacket. 

"Nope.", she shakes her head. Then in a second, she gasps loudly and a big smile spread across her face. She began to jump up and down in front of her mom and Jisoo couldn't help but laugh at her daughter's sudden excitement. "Am I going to see Rose again? Am I, really?!" 

"Okay, you hyper child. Let's go catch a taxi." Repeating yesterday, Jisoo had to chase Ella from tripping the stairs or running out to the street to just catch a taxi. They were able to catch a taxi, and they made it work early considering there wasn't a lot of traffic along the way. The little one excitedly jumps out the taxi and was nearly dragging her mom out of the car. 

As they made it inside the building, everyone greeted Ella 'good morning' and Jisoo as well. They took the first elevator that was available and made it up to the floor of Jisoo's work area. 
When the elevator door opens, the first thing they saw is Seulgi. 

"Hi, Aunt Bear!" 

Seulgi says hi back, kissing the top of Ella's head. She looks back up to Seulgi and playfully crosses her arms. "You really took my wife's idea into consideration.", she laughs and steps out of the way for Jisoo and Ella to exit out of the elevator. The three of them walk down the hall and they entered the office. 

Ella immediately began to search for Rose. She even had no shame to ask Jisoo's other co-workers where Rose is. And just in a matter of luck, Rose exits out of another hallway and Ella was the first to notice her presence. "Rose!" Seulgi playfully nudged Jisoo's arm with a small comment: "Go get your girl.", she winks before walking off to her own desk. 

Jisoo shakes her head in disbelief and approached Rose and Ella. "Are you ready to reconvene?", Jisoo asked Rose, who seemed to notice she was distracted with spending the free time she had left with her daughter. Ella runs next to her mom holding her hand. "And we have a little elf here to help us with this project."

As time passes and as they exchanged ideas, neither of their ideas seemed to be able to work or can't come to an agreement. In the midst of their project, Ella got bored and decided to distract Seulgi for a while. Finally, Jisoo suggested an idea that she was able to come up with, 
"You what we both need right now? Inspiration." 

"So you suppose we take in a mall Santa to solve our problems?" , Rose answers sarcastically. Jisoo scoffs and takes Rose hands in hers making her stand up from her chair. "We are going on an adventure at Bryant Park Winter Village. That's where we're going to gather out inspiration." 
Rose seemed hesitant for a while, not until Ella came into the picture and began to squeal in excitement after eavesdropping into her mom's idea of going to the winter village. And from there, Rose can't say no. 

Rose lets out a small laugh. "Alright, let's go." 

"Yay! Chipmunk Rose is coming with us!" 

"Chipmunk?", Rose and Jisoo asked the little girl at the same time. Rose was taken aback by the nickname but was curious why. So she had to ask. And Ella's answer: "You just looks like a chipmunk. In a good way, though. You're a cute chipmunk. Don't you agree, mom?", she asks turning to Jisoo waiting for her answer.