P R O L O G U E

December

    December.

    As a child, I remembered that this month was the time of giving, spending time with family, and most of all, that four letter word that everyone got all giddily for----love. Every December, I would watch as people stood under a plant, and for some odd reason they had to kiss each other while standing under it.

    I didn't really understand the concept of the contraption that they called a ‘mistletoe,’ and I didn't believe in it either. They said that you would find your true love once you kissed them underneath it--- it was just a bunch of baloney. I thought it was just a scam that some sleazy guy came up with, in order to get girls.

   That is, until I met Jisung.

    Park Jisung was innocent. Too innocent. The boy was just younger than me by a few months, yet he saw the good in everyone and everything---even me and that goddamned mistletoe.

    At that time, I found it hilarious that someone would think that you could actually find love because of that thing, but Jisung made me think differently, after a while.

    Sometimes I wonder what my life would have turned out to be if I hadn't met the younger male. I was just a teenager that loved getting into all sorts of trouble. The thrill of it all made me feel alive.

     Because of how much trouble I was, I didn't understand how Jisung could deal with me. “You're a good person, Jade…” He'd tell me with that ridiculously cute smile of his.

“You may not notice it now, but you are.”