Chapter 4-fixing it for Henry

I was woken rather abruptly by the shrill ring of a mobile. I opened my eyes to see a pair of twinkly blue ones gazing into mine. He was ignoring the phone too, and seemed as comfortable and warm as I was, wrapped around each other, even our legs were entwined, as though we just couldn't get close enough. "It's probably Bob," he said, making no move to untangle himself.

"Shouldn't you answer?"

"He'll be banging on the door in ten minutes," he said, before sighing loudly, and snuggling back into me.

"You need to get up," I reminded him, although I was rather enjoying the cuddle. He groaned and rolled onto his back.

"You're right. Can you make sure we're both free this evening? I want to see you." He swung his legs out of bed. I gaped again. "What are you staring at?" He asked, smirking.

"You. Mr Male Perfection." I ogled him shamelessly as he pulled on his track suit and a vest. He sat on the bed to pull on his socks and trainers.

"You didn't answer my question about tonight," he pointed out.

"You're meeting your agent at Nobu, remember?" I reminded him. He pulled a face.

"Book an extra place then. You can come with me."

"I'm not usually present when people meet their agents," I told him.

"Well you will be tonight. I'd also like you to check my schedule and book us both a weekend off, together. I want some time alone with you." He leaned over to plant a soft, chaste kiss at the corner of my mouth. "I'll be finished this workout in about two hours. I'll see you back here?" He sounded unsure, as though I'd disappear.

"I need to go home, shower and get ready. You have a photoshoot at eleven."

"I'll pick you up from yours at nine. We can get some breakfast before we go."

With that, he blew me a kiss, and was gone. I heard the front door slam, and him saying good morning to Bob. I glanced at the clock, it was six in the morning. We'd had two hour's sleep. He'd looked amazing. I knew I'd look a wreck.

I made myself a coffee to get myself moving, and pulled on my rather wrinkled clothes. Sipping at my drink, I walked around the house, checking it out. Ok, I'll admit, I snooped. I reasoned that pretty much any woman worth her salt, left alone in a man's house would do the same. I raked through some drawers, through his wardrobes, and looked under his bed. It was all rather disappointing. He didn't seem to have lots of 'stuff'. I found some family photos, but that was about it. I also discovered that his laptop was password protected, and wasn't going to give up it's secrets easily.

In the end, I gave up, hopped into a taxi and went home to get ready. Henry and Bob picked me up shortly after nine, and we were dropped off outside a little café in Clerkenwell, opposite the studios where Henry had his shoot.

"Bob didn't suspect a thing," Henry told me as we sat down. "I'd rather not have to keep this secret, but I can understand you wanting to be discreet."

"Just for now," I replied. "It's all very new, and if I'm just a little summer fling, I'd rather it wasn't discussed all over the world.

He looked hurt. "Why would you think it's just a fling? Did you not think last night was special?"

I thought about it. "It was incredible, you were incredible, I just want to take it a day at a time. I don't normally get involved with my charges. It's all a bit new to me."

"You've never had a night of passion with any of Hollywood's famous Lotharios?" He was incredulous. I shook my head. "Not even DiCaprio?"

"He was a typical star. Had me racing round all over London, sourcing obscure foodstuffs, and Ayurvedic yoghurt. Drove me mental. There's no way on God's green earth I'd have jumped into bed with him. Anyway, to him I was just 'staff'."

"So if I'd have asked for posh yoghurt, I'd have been ruled out?" He was grinning at me.

"Yeah, probably." I smiled back.

We were interrupted by a bored looking waitress, who perked up immediately when she recognised Henry. After taking our order, and having a photo taken of her and Henry with her mobile, she disappeared with a dreamy smile on her face. 'You don't know the half of it', I thought, rather smug.

"What about Fassbender?" Henry asked, dragging me from my erotic thoughts.

"Too much of a nelly. Used more skincare than I do, and moaned about 'draughts' in his hotel room."

"Clooney?"

"Too old. He's the same age as my Dad."

"Bomer? He's a heartthrob."

"Likes the boys."

"So I was honoured then?" He was grinning again.

"Yep. I'm a fussy cow."

"I'm glad. So was I your first actor?"

"Yes, you are. And I'm glad too. I have no desire to be known as a Hollywood groupie."

He beamed his Hollywood smile at me, which was like looking at the surface of the sun, totally dazzling. It was hard to believe that this beautiful man wanted me as much as I wanted him, but after experiencing a night of his lovemaking, I was almost ready to accept that we had something special between us. Something in him called to me on a deeper level than just his extraordinary good looks, more like a recognition that somehow we should be entwined. I tried to shake that thought and concentrate on my bagel, noting that the waitress was hovering with the coffee pot far more than was necessary. Henry didn't notice, he was probably used to it.

The photo shoot went without a hitch. Henry was patient and accommodating, and simply followed the photographer's instructions without complaint. It gave me ample opportunity to just ogle him, and drink in his lovely features. I used some of the time to get on with some work, returning calls and emails, and sorting out Henry's schedule. He was in massive demand, but I managed to block out a weekend in early July for us both, before we flew out to Rome.

Henry's agent, Alan, was a nondescript, middle aged man, with grey hair and a bit of a weight issue. His only extraordinary feature was his personality. He was jovial, entertaining and charismatic as he chatted throughout our meal. Even the normally dour waiters were charmed, and brought us out little 'extras' to taste.

Henry seemed relaxed in his company, and listened intently to the myriad offers which had come forth following his Man Of Steel appearance. Alan counselled him on what jobs to accept, and which to turn down, as they would conflict with his 'clean, Superman' image. Henry's career was clearly in good hands.

"So Sarah," he boomed, "you're the young lady I saw on all the gossip sites the other day? Lovely photos by the way. Not giving you too hard a time I hope?" He sounded genuinely concerned.

"Apart from the accusation of having man hands, they've been quite kind, although it is all being tightly controlled at the moment. I was owed enough favours to get a lot of the celeb sites on side."

"Excellent. I have to say, you make a stunning couple. Let's just hope they leave the two of you alone." He turned to Henry, "Let's hope this one doesn't cut and run as well eh?"

Henry laughed. "Sarah's made of strong stuff. I hope she doesn't run off as well."

"Treat her well Henry. Good women are hard to find," said Alan.

The rest of our evening was filled with good food, far too much wine, and good conversation. I'd really liked Alan, and he seemed to bring out the best in Henry, although was a bit of a devil for plying us with alcohol. It was midnight by the time we got back to Henry's house. I was exhausted from only two hour's sleep the night before.

"Shall I go home?" I said, as we pulled into his road.

"No way," he replied. "Are you tired?" I nodded. "Then we go to sleep, and do it in the morning. I'm shattered too."

Within five minutes of getting back, I was snuggled into his arms, in that delicious place between lucidity and sleep, idly wondering how it was that I felt so comfortable in his arms in such a short space of time. I just needed to silence the little devil whispering in my ear that it couldn't possibly be real, he couldn't possibly want ordinary little me, when he could have almost any woman in the world. I felt his heart beating as he pulled me in tighter, and relaxed. For at least another night, he was mine.