Chapter three

The next day wheezy was finally aloud to go home. The minute he stepped out the casinos nursery relief and numbness hit him. He realised that he's going to do the same thing he did all those weeks ago. Repeat all his lines, fake smiles, the unbearable feeling of constant pain and being trapped with it. He nearly started breaking down at just the thought of it.

His mind thought of a million ways he could get away until his mind set on one amazing idea. He raced home and packed his bags, a tent and some matches. He looked at some scrap paper, thinking about writing to Bee and how he wasn't going to be around for awhile. 

She won't care anyway. She won't even notice I'm gone.

Wheezy shook his head as he walked out of his place and headed over to isle one. The train ride was longer than he needed it to be, people kept hiding their personals and covering their babies faces. This made him slightly annoyed. Luckily he exited the train before anyone would get smoked out.

He went into a part of the forest where no one really came, it was his home for years before he traveled to the city. For the first time he felt that guilt he always feels loosen its grip around his chest. He felt a sense of deep stress relief. Away from the sounds of the city, with all the sounds of the outdoors and sleeping under the stars. William lit a small controlled fire and set up his little camp. He sighed an unusual sigh. He put beans on the fire to cook while he opened his water. He hadn't drank water since... she gave it to him. He thought back on the part when he held her hand. How small it was. How delicate and unharmed they were. Her glistening emerald eyes. Wheezy's arms and hands were covered in faint scars from when his mother used to run out her cigarettes and the others from KD. He thought it was a normal thing to get punished after doing something wrong. After he was kicked into the streets he learned that the hard way. Do wrong and you'll get kicked, punched, broken. He lit a cigarette and laid back as the sun set.
———————————————————

Bee arrived to her job early that morning, expecting to see wheezy, but he was a no show. She expected as much. He'd want a few days to himself, after being locked in a room for four months that is. He wasn't fully healed when they threw him out again. He'd still be very sore, especially in his stomach area. Bee kept wondering and worrying if he was ok. Wheezy sparked something in her, something she hadn't seen before. She was curious about this lonely and neglected man. She doubted she'd talk to him again during work, but maybe, just maybe, she could get his number.

She wanted to hold him close and hear about everything he had to say. All his stories the happy. The sad. The weird. Everything. She wanted to make him feel wanted and unafraid. This was new to Bee. All she had ever done was step all over the men who tried to crawl their way into her pants. But not once did wheezy try. Not even a glance. It made Lucy slightly annoyed and frustrated that he didn't look at her body, she worked hard on it. It made her annoyed that he was so earthy and it drove her crazy.

———————————————————
Smoke away the sadness

Wheezy picked up that phraze and decided he'd live by it. It was a disgusting phrase but it worked. "Smoke away the sadness. " he muttered to himself. He looked around at the towering trees and the slight little noises made by crickets he felt a smile tug at his lips. "Maybe it ain't so bad.." he smiled more as he put his head down to sleep. He yawned and looked out at the stars and smoke from the fire once more then closed the tent for a peaceful nights rest.

When he woke up, he packed away his things and made his way back to his busy city life. When he arrived home, he finally cleaned up his apartment with an occasional hiss and cuss from the aches and pains he still had.
He opened his windows and sat on a window sill while he ate some leftover pasta Bee sent him home with. It was sweet and creamy with bacon and steamy bits of chicken. He smiled and watched as things became quiet in the loud, busy streets. Snow starting to fall from the sky