Above the Pit. [Kcalb]

So I honestly wasn't expecting to get this up so late, like I was trying to start this last week and then my computer fucking broke (thanks microsoft) so that's nice, here's one request down anyways, featuring warverse!Kcalb. Enjoy and expect some more semi frequent updates here.

Centuries of darkness had passed him like sand through narrow fingers, it grew to the point where horrid pains turned dull and anguished hopes duller, the darkness became a crypt- a tomb in which his living body rotted away in the silence of a thousand lost lives- Until one fateful day...

As the illusions of time fell across him in harsh waves of reality a sudden burst of light broke the tides of aging like a prominent stone and the face of an angel basked in fresh daylight appeared in the Devil's icy gaze. She looked at him with bemused eyes and then turned away and called a few words out before turning back to the still imprisoned Devil.

"Good morning!" She chimed from her spot above the pit, the piercing echo of her jubilant voice causing the man to flinch.

"...." Eons of war and silence tolled the man's ability to find a proper response though the (H/C) woman didn't seem to find any issue in his silence and instead went on to move to her feet...and jump into the pit.

The faint light above the trench did not nothing to ease the clambering aches of anticipation that engulfed the chained man, his mouth dried and then watered as the naive woman moved closer and closer to him until they were toe to toe.

The girl eventually spoke up, striking away the heavy shadows with her efferecent voice. "Sorry to wake you, but my master has asked me to come and pull you from...here."

The Devil paused for a moment, staring at the creature of holiness with a look of scrutiny. "...You do not look like someone who could kill me." He stated plainly.

"I'm not here to kill you."

"Then your master must really want you dead."

"And you must really want to stay locked up in here." Despite her words the younger individual did not stray from her task and quickly set to work on undoing the Devil's complex binds.

First, his legs were freed, the feeling of sudden weightlessness causing him to stumble over like a newborn foal, but the wraps around his wrists followed and now the only thing restraining him was the sharpened piece of steel lodged in the center of his chest; in an act of reckless hope for freedom he grasped at the hilt only to feel his flesh sear as though he were holding onto the flames of hell itself.

"Anti-demon runes," The angel clucked her tongue in affirmation, "I wouldn't pull those out on your own." Slowly, bravely, the girl approached him further until the Devil could feel her breath fanning across him.

As the girl moved to grab the sword a pair of larger hands instinctively flew to her neck, grasping tightly until he could feel the tender flesh beneath her collar shift under his fingers. The angel inhaled a sharp breath as he squeezed but didn't tear her gaze from him and soon enough the devil of blackness found himself falling over and retching as a hot pain pierced his lungs.

From his knees he could see the tricky creature holding the sword in her hands, giving him a simple stare as he sputtered out years worth of blood and grit. "Ouch." Was all she said as she readjusted her buttoned collar.

"(Y/N), are you alright down there?" A voice that rang through Kcalb's skull like a thousand piercing needles called down from above the pit and the devil growled from his place on the floor, his memories flooding back to him in all their repugnant glory.

"I'm quite alright, Master." The fearless angel called back up before looking down to meet the frenzied eyes of the no longer captive staggering to his feet.

"What are they doing here?" He snarled, pointed teeth peeking out between his bloodied lips.

"Why, my Master Etihw is the one who sent me to free you!" (Y/N), the angel, smiled at him, blinking as though the answer was clear as day.

"Is this some sort of joke? That menace is the one who put me in here!"

(Y/N) shifted on her feet slightly in response. "Well, they figured it was high time to let you out, so here we are!"

Kcalb merely snorted at her reply, "Couldn't face me themselves? Typical."

"Master Etihw thought that I'd be a nicer face to wake up to, of course if that's not the case, your brother  Wodahs is also available to greet you." The angel smiled pleasantly as the devil paled.

"That's hardly necessary." The white haired man grunted, though he hesitantly had to agree that the tiny angel before him was no dull sight, "So are you letting me out of this wretched pit or not?" He pried his eyes from the (E/C) hues in front of him and looked into the saturated sky above him instead.

"Why of course, Sir Devil!" (Y/N) made a signal to her God and turned back to him with a bright smile that could outmatch the sun, "Come on then, life above the pit awaits!"