Hooked. [Rock]

Back at it again with the outdated bishies, this request is from: @Antomette122

I hope you enjoy it and thank you for being so kind in your wait!

~~~~~~~~

Another groan of frustration escaped the sea lion's maw as she dove deeper into the chilly arctic waters, long legs propelling her towards what she hoped was the scent of her next meal. (Y/N) licked her lips hungrily as her eyes searched the dark ocean around her; it was starting to get cold, she would have to head back up to the surface soon.

(Y/N)'s eyes gleamed as she caught sight of something brightly colored floating carelessly along not too far from her, the smell was enough to make the mammal's nose twitch as she studied the object of interest thoughtfully.

'If I move fast enough I can catch the little bastard before he swims away.' (Y/N) grinned and flexed her muscles, taking off with a single breath so that she was upon her prey within a matter of seconds, her teeth sinking into the scaly flesh with a satisfying 'crunch.'

So overcome with joy from her first catch of the evening, (Y/N) barely noticed the unnatural amount of resistance that was pulling the fish from her teeth; sinking her canines in deeper she struggled to take the morsel from whatever was keeping it from her yearning stomach and soon found herself in a horribly agitating game of tug-o-war.

Just as the girl prepared to give up and release her dinner, the force on the other side of the fish reeled back with tremendous force, taking the marine maiden with it.

~~~~~~~~

"Ahhh!" (Y/N) squealed as a burst of cold night air hit the delicate fibers of her skin, nearly distracting her from the pain of something sharp piercing the inside of her cheek.

"HOLY SHIT!" A resounding clatter followed by the sound of rolling buckets and tools filled the previously silent area as (Y/N) crash landed on top of something, or someone rather.

"Ow, ow, ow- What the fuck? (Y/N)?" (Y/N) felt the person beneath her shift and shove her off quite rudely, leaving the aquatic lion sitting on the ice with a hook still stuck to the side of her mouth as she glared at the rockhopper across from her.

"Fwhutthethellishwongwithyou?" The (H/C) critter sputtered out, words muffled by the foreign object lodged in her mouth.

"Coming from the idiot who bit onto my fishing line." Rock frowned and rolled his eyes, though seeing the airheaded girl fume angrily as she tried furiously to grasp the metal hook was enough to draw a tinge of amusement within the grumpy penguin.

"Hang on, moron, you're gonna hurt yourself." Rock huffed when (Y/N) swatted his larger hands away at first but eventually, he was able to get her to sit still as he gingerly reached for the contraption trapped in her flesh.

"Would you stop squirming so much?" He growled after nearly cutting open her cheek for the fifth time.

"YoushmelllikeIdate." (Y/N) complained, the close proximity was indeed enhancing the sooty scent of Rock's cigarettes, though it wasn't just the smell that was bothering her as her cheeks were beginning to flush a faint pink under her male friend's intense stare.

Rock muttered something along the lines of "mermaid bitch" and (Y/N) gave a not so nice gesture with her right hand, still unable to coherently form the proper phrases for her beloved friend.

"Oh, hang on, I think I almost got the damn thing..." Rock leaned forwards, even more, much to (Y/N)'s dismay, completely ignoring her ever growing blush and pulling on her gum to grant him better access to her mouth.

As he was finally about to remove the curved metal, the feeling of Rock's breath across her impish face caused (Y/N) to jump forwards on instinct, knocking the penguin flat on his back, taking the hook (and sea lion) with him.

What she had hoped would result in some distance between the two sadly resulted in an even more compromising position that had (Y/N) hovering over her counterpart with her hands placed on either side of his head.

Quickly realizing her mistake the redfaced girl shifted to get up at the same time the man below moved to do the same, the great speed of his actions sending him colliding straight into (Y/N), their faces now intertwined in a sloppy kiss.

It took a moment for the taste of ash and alcohol to finally settle on her tongue before (Y/N) pulled away, harshly shoving Rock away from her hot face as she struggled to regain her composure. "W-What do you think you're doing?!" The (H/L) girl screeched, pointing an accusatory finger at the humanoid penguin as she used her other arm to conceal her virtue stolen lips.

"You're the one who jumped on top of me like an animal!" Rock protested, his cheeks tinged a mild pink from the contact as well.

"You're an animal too!"

"At least I have some self-restraint!"

"Well, at least I don't taste like nicotine!"

The two bickered for a while longer before settling into a tense silence; at last, Rock stood and grabbed his fallen belongings with an agitated 'tch.'

"Whatever, at least next time your lips won't taste like blood." Rock grumbled as he began his trek back.

(Y/N) began to huff in agreement before the words finally began to reach her brain and she leaped up to begin her yelling once more. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN "NEXT TIME?!"

~~~~~~

Hnnnnnnnnnngggggggghhhh I'm sorry I'm not proud of this ooooooneeeeeee, I guess you could you're "quite the catch" *buh dum tisss*

Yeah so finals and some unfortunate family events this last week have definitely taken a toll on my writing also how tf do you write Rock ghghghfhfjfjf??? I'll be seein y'all next time with a better update so see you then!