The Letter That Was Never Mailed

It started off as an normal day. Just doing his normal things since his son almost died. Fp was getting ready for work. He had been working at Pop's Shoppe for sometime now. He was about to head out the door. When He opened his door, He wasn't expecting her to be there.

"Alice, What are you doing here?" He asked her in a soft tone filled with utter confusion.

She looked a lot different since the last time they had spoken. The last time, She was having a break down about their long lost son being dead. He had no clue about. He remembered his eyes getting glossed and his mouth barely open as he continued to stare about her. Not knowing what to do with the news. Her words still replaying in his head, "I had your baby." He didn't even know she was pregnant. Then it dawned on him. Their fight. Hal and Alice's big blowout was over her having his baby.

His thoughts were interrupted by her sweet sounding voice. "I got your letter." He shook his head thinking he heard her wrong.

"What letter?" He asked as he looked at her soft blue eyes.

Alice rolled her eyes and pulled out the pink envelope out of her purse and handed to him. Fp took the envelope into his hands and looked down as he rubbed his hand over his face. How did she get this? He hid when he got home from the play.

"I found it when I was going through my mailbox. I thought you sent it to me. So I read it. You wanted to say sorry for how you treated me at Pop's. That you were just scared of getting hurt again and losing your son." He put his head into his hands and silently cursed to himself. She was never meant to see or read it.

Alice noted how quiet he got and slowly pulled out another letter. But this one was violet and marked with his name. She carefully opened the envelope and pulled the letter out of the envelope. She took a deep calculated breath and opened the letter up.

"Fp, I know you are scared I'm going to leave again." She started to read off the paper. Fp removed his hands from his face and looked up at her. Still in shock and embarrassed. Once she realized he looked up at her. She began to read again. "I promise you. I'm here for you. Forsythe Pendleton Jones III, I love you so much. To the point it hurts to breathe. You will be always the only one for me. You were the best friend I needed. Now you're my forever. Betty actually told me she saw you leave all upset. I had no idea you were there. Jughead came to me and told me. He hasn't seen you as happy as when your with me. He gave us his blessing and now I'm saying that I can't live with you . I won't lie, I was a bit scared when I read your letter. But, I wasn't scared of not being loved. Because, I already knew that with you, Fp... I would be loved. And that... nobody could love me like you do. Touch me... like you do. Also nobody could love you... like I do. Please forgive me for all the unnecessary pain and unloved. I know you started drinking to feel the void. But now I'm here. We can be each-others help. Now what do you say? Will you give me another chance?"

FP stood there taking in every word, stunned beyond belief. The love of his life was asking him to take her back. Part of him wanted to sweep her off her feet and kiss her. And another of him just kept wondering was he just a void to fill. Something to make her feel complete again. Was he only a bandage from the loss of her husband?

Instead of listening to his brain. He listened to his heart. He brought his hands to her cheeks, slowly cupped her cheeks with his hands and hovered his lips over hers. Her heart rate picked up as She could feel the heat of his breath hovering over her lips. He was dangerously close to her. He felt vulnerable when He was around her. Like She could take his breath away. He captures her lips with his and instantly feels the sparks like he did in high school. She feels like she's in a different life. A life back when she was just a fiery teenager that got into a lot of legal trouble. Those stories were meant to be told another time. She just wanted to keeping living this feeling.