Frozen In Time

(Alternate ending to 3x22," Survive The Night." Be prepared for tears.  

Time ticked by agonizingly slow as sirens blew thoroughly through the wind. He couldn't break away from the stabbing pain longing in his chest.

Hours before....

He looked at his watch, anxiously fidgeting with the buttons on the side. His son hasn't came home from school. Jughead gets off from school at 3:00 P.M.

He was starting to get very worried, so he called Fred. Unfortunately he got his voicemail. He tried calling Hermione, Mary and lastly Alice.

"FP, what's up? Your voicemail sounded frantic. Are you alright? No, Archie hasn't come back yet.... is there something wrong?"

In his gut he knew something was terribly wrong," I don't know, Mary. I've called Hermione and she said that Veronica didn't come home either. I'm really worried something has happened."

FP gathers all the parents up, dividing each parent into groups. He just hoped that they were safe and not in harms way.

—xx—

And every parent's nightmare was into play right as they searched high and low. Jughead, Archie, Veronica and Betty raced as fast as they could through the thick weeded forest. Penelope's army charging behind them.

"Jughead, they're getting closer. I don't think we're gonna make it." Veronica gasped heavily, barely keeping her eyes open.

The poison started to take affect on her body making it physically impossible to function properly. After Hal was shot, Penelope went back on her promise and made her army charge toward them. Neither of them had time to snatch the solution.

Veronica was going to die. The group knew it. Next was Betty and - then the domino effect comes into motion.

Jughead looked back at Veronica, noticing that Veronica had fallen. Archie stopped, lifting her into his arms and began sprinting. Betty's eyes ruined by her tears and grief.

Veronica was gone.

And soon none of them would be left.

—-XX—

At just before dawn the mockingbird's mockery woke the town. FP's heart sped drastically as he reached the scene. Not far behind him we're Mary and Hermione.

Tom had unreeled himself from the forest clearing, eyes worn with utter dread. FP approached him, almost speechless. Hermione and Mary glanced with fear in their eyes.

"FP, I wouldn't go back there—" The father raced passed him.

He didn't bother listening to Tom's shouts. His mind was quick layered with regret. But he didn't know what he was about to find.

He held back the bile that was building behind his throat as he took in the unimaginable.

"Jug..." His voice raw as he jumped to his knees. He quickly broke down to nothing, but anguished sobs. "No, no, No,no!" He shouted angrily.

Beside him laid his son's lifeless body, clutching onto Betty's frail hand. Next to her was the beanie his son never took off. Hermione came rushing in, broke down finding her daughter with aspirated fluid dribbling into a pool by her head. Mary stopped at the horrid sight of her son.

Archie Andrews, her blood was dead. And she didn't know what happened.

A phone buzzed loudly into their naked eardrums. FP reaches for his cell, while still holding his son's other hand.

"Oh, thank god! Mr. Jones you need to save—"

"It's too late." He managed to croak out.

Cheryl's stunned voice breaks through," What? What happened? My mother already gotten to them."

"Yes, and it was Penelope?"

"Yes, it was, Mr. Jones. I'm so sorry." Cheryl choked out.

"Me too, Cheryl."

And then he closed his finger over the end bottom, letting his phone collapse from his hand.

—-xx—

They stood in front of four headstones, tears grieving for their losses. No parent should bury their child. Ever.

~Forsythe Pendleton Jones Jr (3rd)~

Blessed Son, Boyfriend and best friend

Oct. 2nd 2001 - May. 22nd 2019

~ Elizabeth Smith ~

Daughter, friend and Girlfriend

Unknown- May. 22nd 2019

Alice had escaped her mission to only find her daughter dead and three other helpless teenagers gone as well.

Alice and FP's heart were shattered. Over the weeks since their children passed— they found comfort in one another.

"I can't believe he's gone." FP said rawly as he looked at his son's freshly placed gravestone.

Alice didn't look into his eyes or at anything other than at her daughter's grave.

"I can't believe it either." It was July 4th, the day was supposed to be celebrating life but instead they were grieving their losses.

As they walked away from the gave yard, hands in each other's. The four graves mirrored an image into the grass like a reflection.

Behind the engraved headstones in a ghostly light stood the spirits of Jughead, Betty, Veronica and Archie smiling at the sun beam.

Betty looked toward Jughead, smiling and said this," They love each other."

Jughead sighed happily," That's the truth." Veronica and Archie just nodded along.

"They sure do." A familiar voice announces, causing the core four to turn their backs.

Fred Andrews appeared smirking, Archie walked toward his father," You ready?"

Fred looked at his son," Let's go home." He said embracing the four of them and suddenly the shadows disappeared.

—-x

Okay I'm so so sorry! This just came to me and I added Fred coming to join them. I hate myself now. I promise I'll make it up to you guys in my next one.

Until next time,

Love aut <3