2.

Charlene Whelan

We had driven for a good forty minutes, listening to old rock songs for most of the time. I had discovered that, at least in music, he had a pretty cool taste.

"I'm so fucking hungry, you have no idea..." he mumbles, while he tries to park his car. I chuckle at his impatience, realizing that it's one of his most dominant traits, from what I've seen and learned about him so far.

"What do you normally eat? Since you don't eat meat..." He asks, once we get out of the car. The restaurant is at the feet of a pretty high hill, it's very rustic and secluded. You wouldn't have seen it from the street if you didn't know it was there. I've never really imagined him as someone who would come to places like those. It's not really him, but maybe I just don't know him at all.

"Loads of vegetables..." I shrug my shoulders. "And carbs..." I add and let a chuckle escape my mouth.

"Makes two of us, then!" Harry slowly nods his head with a relaxed smile on his lips while we both walk into the restaurant. There's not a lot of people, so they're quick to take our orders. A steak for Harry and a salad for me.

"How did you find this place?" I ask him, as soon as the waiter leaves us alone. His expression quickly turns serious at my question and his eyes run away from mine for a second, showing discomfort or insecurity of some sort, as if his usual confidence is faltering.

"Long time ago..." he shrugs his shoulders. "Been coming here for a while now," He doesn't really answer my question but I don't answer a lot of his, so I can't really complain about it. "Why?" He wonders.

"Nothing, it's just cause..." I let out a chuckle, trying to find the best way to say what I'm trying to say. "I guess I would've never imagined you in here," I shrug my shoulders and he brings his eyes on me again, his eyebrows furrowed and he stares at me with more intensity now.

"You don't know me... you'd be surprised!" He just says and, once those words leave his mouth, the traits of his face soften again.

"You're right, I'm sorry..." I nod my head and quickly apologize. For once, he's right. I don't know him, I don't actually know the kind of person he is.

"Do you like it here?" He just asks, changing the subject.

"I do... I imagine myself in here just fine," I chuckle and he does too, keeping his green eyes on me.

"Maybe we aren't that different, after all..." he observes and I automatically let out an amused chuckle, trying to compare the both of us.

"I think we're completely different, actually..." I say. He stares at me with interest, trying to figure out what is going through my mind. He looks at me so intensely that I, sometimes, think he hopes he can read everything in me, by doing so. And by the way his green orbs burn on my skin I, sometimes, think he can too.

"Different how?" He wonders.

"Well, you're a watcher... that's what you do," I say. "And I barely realize what's going on around me, I'm always too busy moving around to do so."

"And that's because you don't want to or because you can't?" His question, initially surprises me. People normally don't take my words too seriously, but he had listened to me and had asked, for once, a smart question.

"Both, maybe..." I shrug my shoulders and I lower my stare, feeling all of sudden both intrigued and suffocated by the conversation.

"Do you think it's banal to say that I like to capture beauty?" He wonders, changing the subject again, perceiving my discomfort. I take a few seconds to think.