❝immanence❞

Chapter 16

".... Sniff"
The cold wind began to blow, flowing freely like a calm river on the surface of the earth.
Silence spread around the area, the silent village became inactive, the lights became too dim. Giving the spotlight to the moon to shine with it's beautiful luster in a long night.

"Rise. . ."

The ill-looking boy rose his head off the floor when a certain memory crossed his dull and empty mind. A heart which was filled with sorrow yet inability to feel or cry any further. His eyes moved across the dark and dusty room, towards a dim light coming from a gap between the door.

Suddenly someone started knocking on the door.

*Knock knock knock*

The poor boy had narrowed his eyes, trying to look across the window, however it was a bit too hard to see from that distance and also because his sight has become too weak to even take a glimpse of who could be outside.

He had no expression to put on his face, a lifeless face to be said.

A speech broke through the deep silence, a familiar voice which belonged to the man who the young boy was working with, at the farming site. The man spoke in a sad tone.

"I hope you are holding up well kid. . . I know it's all been hard especially after your mother's-. . ."

The man paused through his speech for a moment, before resuming again as he noticed how hard was it for him to say such a thing.

"Whatever now. . . i brought you something to eat, please help yourself"

The man placed a small basket, wrapped in a piece of cloth on the rocky ground before the door of the house, before leaving silently back to where he came from.
The basket which contained food for the boy.

". . . . ."

The boy's body wasn't helping him pretty well, it has become too weak to stand up, he struggled until he managed to crawl on the floor while placing his hand on the wall as he moved from a spot to another, it was too dark to even move freely.

Until he arrived into an old room in the house, he sat down while laying his back on the cracked wall behind him, then he dug his hand into a piece of cloth nearby him while searching for something.

He pulled out something similar to a piece of bread, it was too tough and hard to eat.

By digging his teeth into the hard piece of bread and cracking it with a dry mouth he continued to chew on it for a long time before swallowing it. Hoping that a tiny bit of saliva would make it easier for him to swallow.

"Sniff. . . I told you I won't be late."

His swollen eyes began to tear up again, a few tears ran down on his dry cheeks. Yet he continued struggling against this hard piece of bread and against his sadness, trying to remain tranquil was not that easy for him. But he couldn't stop himself from falling apart.

". . .I'm sorry"

He cried, suffering from the pain of his mother's death. Being separated from his beloved mother in an instant left him with so much pain that ended up with a broken heart and a weak body struggling against such hard feelings.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. . .!"

Not too long, until the boy had fallen asleep in the middle of a dark empty room in a cold presence.