Ext. Chan's Car - Carpool

Chan kissed his mother goodbye before packing up the car and making his round. He had to pick everyone up before they would be set to hit the road, officially on their way to Jeongin's aunt's summer villa. Jeongin made it very clear that he be picked up first and thankfully, things fell into place that it would be the most efficient to pick up Jeongin first.

So Chan arrived at Jeongin's house, texting the boy he was outside. Some short minutes later, Jeongin was running to the car, a coat on and a bag on his back. He knocked on the window and Chan unlocked the car, the boy smiling even for the early morning.

"Our adventure begins!" He shouted once they pulled away, Chan shaking his head. He was far too enthusiastic for the time of day. The sun was barely peeking out in the sky.

Their next stop was Felix, it was only a few turns to get to his house and Felix was sitting out on the porch when they arrived. His head was on his hand as he waited, the boy dead tired as he climbed into the car. He was fast asleep as they drove on, Chan figuring would be the case for the rest of the guys.

And so it went, Chan picked everyone up until there were 8 in the car, all piled in and sound asleep for the most part. He glanced at the rear view mirror and saw Minho awake, looking down at a peaceful Jisung. He was happy those two were together again. Seungmin was in his own world, staring out of the window as the car moved. Hyunjin was awake too, earphones in as he stared out the window. Hyunjin was always very reserved and it made everyone curious about him. Jeongin got on great with him though, which was why he was on this trip in the first place. Changbin was in and out of sleep, nodding off toward Felix now and again. All that was left was to pick up Woojin.

Chan still felt odd about it as they pulled up to his driveway, noting the big suburban home. It was like the other's homes but this one housed Woojin. It was special in that way. Chan hated thinking that and sighed, "Can you tell Woojin we're here?" He said to Jeongin. Jeongin's eyebrows furrowed, but he complied, shooting him a text and waiting for a reply.

"He's coming out right now." Chan nodded, keeping his eyes on the road as they waited for him. The opening of the door was what made Chan turn his head, breathe falling short when he saw a sleepy Woojin climb into his car. His hair was still a mess from sleeping and he had on sweatpants and a hoodie, a very soft look for the normally rugged boy. Chan turned back quickly, making sure everyone was buckled up before driving again.

Now, there adventure really began.

Scratch that, Jeongin had to use the bathroom. Chan stopped at a gas station, making sure the car was good on gas before popping into the convenience store. He figured the boys would be hungry soon, the sun almost halfway in the sky. He grabbed a few snacks, aiming to get some drinks too, but struggling.

"Need some help?" Chan dropped the chips he was holding at the voice, bending down to clean up his mess.

"Ah, sure." Woojin only smiled, helping Chan pick up some of the bags and asking him what drinks he wanted.

"We should just get water, to stay hydrated." Woojin scoffed, grabbing apple juice.

"I like juice in the morning." He stated, before grabbing a few water bottles. Chan grabbed another handful before going to the counter.

"That'll be $20.38." The cashier advised, bagging their items with heavy movements. Chan pulled out his wallet, only to be stopped by Woojin.

"I've got it." Chan went to protest, but Woojin was already handing over cash, the clerk even slower as she handed over the change. They walked back to the car with their bags.

"You didn't have to."

"Least I can do, this was my idea after all." Chan stopped short, watching as Woojin climbed back into the car. Chan thought Jeongin was the mastermind behind this plan...