Int. School - Monday

All he could think about since the moment they left the villa is who the hell could have written that confession. Chan was restless, wanting so desperately to figure it out. Someone in their group liked him and he wondered who.

Initially, his mind went to Jeongin, but as bold as Jeongin was, he hardly figured the boy would confess so under the radar this way. If the boy really liked Chan, he'd be straight about it. He didn't play around, or well at least not often. So he scratched him off the list and went on to Hyunjin. Hyunjin was quiet enough for Chan to suspect of this kind of thing, but somehow he really doubted it to be him. Hyunjin never spared him a second glance, if he really liked him, he had a funny way of showing it. He thought of Seungmin. Seungmin was... too involved with his own world. There was no way it could be him. That left- Woojin. Chan definitely did not want to think about that possibility. He didn't want to get his hopes up.

Lunch rolled around rather fast and Chan stared across the courtyard to where all his friends sat and he panicked, hiding away in the library for fear of facing the culprit. He didn't even know who it was, but it made him all the more anxious.

He walked with anxiety in his bones, glancing around as if half expecting someone to jump out at him. Someone eventually does.

"Where were you at lunch?" Jeongin probed after school, catching up to him as soon as he had walked out of class.

"I had to make up a test." The little white lie would hurt no one. He sped walked down the hall, Jeongin hot on his tail.

"You're acting really weird." Jeongin continued, trying to figure out why Chan was practically running out of school. "Did you write something that embarrassing on your paper that now you can't face us?" Chan froze, having forgotten about his own confession in the midst of this mess. He groaned.

"Don't remind me."

"So it was that bad." Jeongin laughed, patting his shoulder. "Don't worry yours is probably nowhere near as cringey as Jisung's" Chan raised a brow.

"How'd you know you got Jisung?" Jeongin rolled his eyes.

"Because it said something incredibly stupid and yet oddly cute about Minho."

"It could have been Minho's." Chan tried, but Jeongin shook his head.

"I also know his handwriting." And it's like a lightbulb went off above Chan's head.

"You're brilliant!" He ran back into the school on the hunt.

He came across Seungmin first, stopping him in his tracks with a rather loud shout.

"You practically gave ma a heart attack!" Seungmin breathed heavily, regarding Chan with disdain. "I have a bus I need to catch, you know." Chan nodded as he walked with the boy, getting a hold of a notebook and pencil.

"Could you do me a quick favor. Write something for me?" Seungmin looked at him oddly.

"Why?"

"Scientific purposes." Seungmin shrugged, Chan very thankful he didn't ask any other questions.

"There, now I'm late so bye!" He called as he sprinted out the front doors. Chan glanced down at the written words with a frown and a scoff. Seungmin had written: Chan is stupid. He was highly offended and also disappointed that it wasn't a match. Well, not disappointed. It actually made him more anxious as he went on the search for his next suspect.

He found Hyunjin with earbuds on, walking out of his class. Chan tapped his shoulder, the boy turning around to face Chan. "Yeah?"

"Could you write something for me?" Hyunjin quirked his head, obviously confused by Chan's demand.

"Why can't you write it." Chan tried to think of a good reason. None came.

"My handwriting sucks?" He said it with the inclination of a question and Hyunjin just stared at him further. "Please?" Hyunjin sighed, taking the pencil and notebook.

"What do you want me to write?"

"Chan is the best." Hyunjin wrote it down, but not without a snarky comment.

"Conceded much?" He handed back the notepad. "Hope you're happy." He placed his earphones back in, waving bye before disappearing down the hallway. Chan took a look at the paper and bit his lip. It wasn't Hyunjin either. That really only left the one option Chan really couldn't fathom.

He made his way to the parking lot, sheer nerves wracking his body as he approached his car. They only got worse when he saw Woojin leaned up against it, fidgety as he waited for Chan. Chan wanted to hide, but Woojin caught sight of him quickly, waving excitedly. Chan had no choice but to make his way over.

"I was wondering when you would get here." Woojin smiled, Chan's heart leaping out of his chest at the beauty of it. He'd seen him smile so many times, but somehow this felt different. It was directed right at him, not at something funny someone said- not at the stupid antics of their friends. This smile was for Chan. Chan melted. "I completely forgot to give you back your notebook after the test the other day." Woojin rummaged through his bag, coming up with a notebook and handing it to Chan.

"Thanks." Chan mumbled, taking the notebook and stuffing it in his own bag with haste. Woojin noticed it.

"You busy? I'm sorry to have held you up. I just wanted to make sure you had it for the next test." Chan felt bad. Woojin was always so nice, so welcoming. Why couldn't he be mean? Why couldn't he be the stereotypical popular boy who doesn't care for anyone but himself?

"Not really, I just want to go home." Woojin nodded, moving away from the car.

"I won't stop you." He smiled one last time before walking away, Chan staring after his retreating back.