Ext. Beach - The Next Day

Jeongin had the fabulous idea of wanting to learn to surf. Except... none of them actually knew how to surf. Chan told the boy this and he just shook his head, saying that his aunt had taught him a few times, he was sure to get it this time. He grabbed the lone surfboard from the storage room, Chan and Woojin being the ones to follow the boy out to sea. They weren't about to let him do this alone.

Chan held the board as Jeongin plopped on, the waves swaying him slightly. "Are you sure about this?" Chan asked for like the millionth time. He was just worried that this would end badly. Jeongin nodded, paddling away from the two to get ready for the next wave. He was determined, concentration on his face as he swam a little further. Once a big wave began to form, he stood up, the wave pushing him down back past where Chan and Woojin were waiting. Jeongin hollered at his success, slowing down and eventually making his way back to the pair.

"See, I told you I could do it." Jeongin chided, arms hovered over the board as he waded in the water. "Do you guys want to try?" Chan shook his head almost immediately. No way he was going to.

"I'll take a whack at it." Woojin said, rather confidently. Chan wasn't sure if that meant Woojin knew what he was doing or not. Woojin heaved himself up with Jeongin's help, getting a brief explanation from the young boy on how he should spread his feet to have proper balance on the board. He let Woojin get used to standing up on the board before he waved him off, a giant smile plastered on his face.

"You think he's going to make it?" Chan asked.

"Not a chance." Jeongin giggled. That did nothing to calm Chan's nerves.

They watched as Woojin readied himself as a wave started to form. It wasn't at the height Jeongin's wave was but it was still looming as it neared and Chan watched with weary eyes as Woojin lifted himself up, precarious as he started to actually surf the wave. Chan squealed involuntarily, Jeongin following suit as they heard Woojin laugh. However, it was cut short when he lost his footing, flying backward on the board and going underwater. Chan made a mad sprint through the water, reaching Woojin in minutes and trying to find where exactly he fell.

Panic seemed to settle when Chan couldn't immediately find him and Chan almost screamed bloody murder when someone lunged at him from behind, strong arms wrapped around his chest.

"Miss me?" Woojin teased, still clinging on to Chan's back. Chan felt his heart race quicken and he wondered briefly if Woojin could feel it. He eased out of his hold, a frown on his face.

"No one's supposed to die on my watch." He grumbled. Woojin beamed, swimming close again. He was face to face with Chan, Chan not being able to look away from his intense gaze.

"So it wasn't because you'd miss me if I drowned?" Chan feigned indignant, crossing his arms and looking away finally.

"Nope."

"Well then-" Woojin dunked himself back under water, Chan reaching for him in a second.

"Don't you dare." Chan protested, keeping a firm grip on Woojin's arm.

"Admit you'd miss me and I won't drown."

"Don't be a child." Chan whined, acting pretty childish himself. So he doesn't want to admit that without Woojin he'd pretty much be a mess, Woojin doesn't have to know. But here he was pleading with him, begging him to tell him just that. Chan pouted. "C'mon-"

"Not until you say it." Woojin tried to slip out ot of his grasp and Chan couldn't let him, wrapping himself around Woojin unexpectedly.

"FINE! I admit that I'll miss you! Happy?" Woojin stilled, most likely alarmed by Chan's rashness. He nodded dumbly, Chan quickly springing away and dragging Woojin back to shore. They were going to be calling it a day.