2

Tristin POV

"Okay but the point is that Johnson is innocent. McCorman killed his wife and framed Johnson for it." I explained to Levi. He shook his head and sighed.

"Yeah but it doesn't make sense. Johnson was his mistress why would he frame her?"

I picked up a piece of paper from the folder he had handed to me earlier this week and passed it to him. He grabbed it from me and began looking over it.

"Yeah, I thought the same, but when we went through all that could be McCorman's  motives, we found that his wife's late father had left her a settlement check for 50 Million dollars. We already know that he had been cheating on his wife for  the last six years  with Johnson."

Levi nodded his head. "But Jonhson claimed that she knew nothing about a check. She claimed that he had been promising her that he was going to leave his wife for her,"

I sighed and dropped my shoulders. We were back to square one with no other leads and our date to create a case was slowly approaching. Our boss was on our asses for not already coming up with a lead, but this whole case was confusing cause there were different parts left out.

Someone was lying.

"We have to start from scratch. We've already talked to everyone else." I started looking around. Levi scoffed.

"Hell no. We've been doing good with this lead so far. We ain't got time to start from scratch." Levi protested. I looked at him as If he were crazy.

"Well we have to figure something-" I stopped, suddenly remembering something, "Levi! What is it's their daughter?."

"Huh?"

"The McCorman's daughter. McCorman claimed that he wasn't in the house at the time of the murder, his daughter was there. She's claimed that she had found out that her father's cheating on her mom. She didn't along with her mother anyways. What if she killed her for the money and her had found out, they could easily team up and plant it on Johnson, make it look like she was a jealous mistress. What if it was her along?" I asked.

Levi looked at me confused then laughed. "You think Lisa killed her mother?" I nodded immediately.

"That makes no sense." Levi replied. I sighed and put my head down my desk. I've never had a case this complicated before. I took on this case to prove to my boss that I could really do this job. He was a strict man. But I was failing.

"We'll figure this out Tris." I shrugged

"Unless you finna be pulling the answers out ya ass, then no, we're not." I replied as I shut my computer and leaned back in my chair.

"Remember you supposed to be getting off early today. So quit stressing yourself. Derrick expecting you to go and cheer him on." Levi said. I looked at him funny.

"The game's tonight?" I asked. My brother Derrick Rose competed for the Minnesota Timberwolves and had been begging me for months to come to his games. I loved my brother so much, and he played so well. I always watched when I had time to, but I went to a game, maybe once a year, I mean I lived in Oakland while he lived all the way in Minnisota.

Basketball was one the sport my dad, my brother and I used to bond over. After my dad passed away, Even though Derrick was only three years older than me, he stepped up and became my brother and father in one. He worked really hard in basketball and got drafted to Chicago and I kind of went off to do my own thing. But I was proud of Derrick nonetheless. He deserved every praise because he worked really hard for it. If my dad was here now he'd be so proud of him.

"Yeah. Its at 7."

"Who they playing against?" I asked

"Warriors." Levi answered. He looked around and shrugged, "I mean he probably got you courtside seats and everything. Ya know. Right front a center. And besides, it's not like Derrick Rose is one of my favorite players in the league or anything like that. And I'm sure you wouldn't want to sit alone or nothing. I mean do you. If you want me to drop you off, I'm cool with that too. Probably step inside to breathe the same air that they do."