Chapter Twenty Five

*Warning* Some scenes may be disturbing to others.

Just saying....

Also a thank you to Tenshineko01 for the idea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Megatron clenched his fists tightly as he watched the cops and Tarn leave the building, as they arrested the man. He wanted to go to Beta, and beat the crap out of Tarn when he scared her and insulted her. He almost did and had stepped towards them, but forced himself to stop. All he could do was watch and he hated it. He grumbled to himself and decided he should check on Knockout and Steve. He couldn't do much else yet anyway. He knew Knockout was being worked on and couldn't help there, so he instead headed over to the room where Steve stayed most of the time. He walked around for a while before he found the room, but stopped when he got close and saw cops talking to the man.

The injured man was upset that they wouldn't leave him alone and struggled to explain things as he got more upset. A nurse walked by and spoke to them then she gently calmed Steve before leading him back into his sisters room to watch her. Megatron caught her name when the cops asked about it. June. That name was familiar to him, but he didn't know why.

The man slipped away again as he sighed then went back to check on Beta. He found her alone and saw the cops were all outside leaving now. He quickly went over to her and she looked up as he approached. She jumped to her feet and hugged him tightly as she shook with fear.

"It's okay... you're safe." he whispered softly and buried his face in her hair as she continued to shake. He felt he was constantly cleaning up the damage Tarn did to this woman. He glared at the wall as he held her for a moment longer.

"He can't hurt you now." he promised as he put his jacket over her and then put his arm around her shoulders. She looked back to the entrance as tears filled her eyes and she stared at the floor again. She hugged herself as she tried not to feel insecure again.

Tarn's words hurt her though, almost as bad as him burning and cutting her. She knew she was ugly and a monster, but when she was with Megatron, he made her feel as though she was actually worth something. He led her to a different part of the hospital and sat with her in another waiting room. She stared at her hands as tears fell down her face and his words continued to plague her.

"Beta..." Megatron whispered and gently set a hand on her cheek as he kept his arm around her shoulders. He gave her a sad expression when she didn't look at him. "Look at me..." he muttered softly as he tiled her face so she was looking at him.

"Nothing he said is true, Beta." he whispered, remembering when his daughter was captured and Natasha tormented her. "You're beautiful and deserve all the love in this world, if not more." he whispered and his thumb gently rubbed one of the scars on her face. Tears fell down her scarred face and she looked away.

"No my dear..." he said and had her look at him again. She stared at him as tears continued to fall down her face. "Beta... I love you... for who you are." he said seriously but gently. She closed her eyes as he rested his forehead against hers. They were silent for a while then he closed his eyes as well. He did his best to comfort the poor woman and they were silent for a while longer.

"You know... if you're... trying... to get a kiss... it's almost working." She said and he blinked in surprise as he looked at her. She stared up at him and smiled a little then gently kissed his cheek. "You're a good man..." she whispered and gently rubbed his cheek with her thumb. He smiled a little and leaned into her touch. He wanted to believe her, and he knew she wanted to believe him. Both of them were broken and just wanted peace.