6 Give me a chance.

Matthew

I wasn't sure if I felt disappointed or relieved when Cary told us our balcony was ready.

The coward in me didn't dare to walk back and apologize when she returned. Not that I didn't want to, but what would I have said?

Yeah Uhm, sorry for touching you like a creepy guy. But your skin looked so good, I just couldn't resist.

Not sure that would make things better. Pretty sure she would have slapped me in the face. So, I decided to stay put and stare.

Yes, like a creepy guy.

To make things worse I left her a big tip. What seemed like a good idea at the time, later realizing she could take it the wrong way.

Three weeks after my mistake I couldn't bear it anymore. She kept infiltrating my mind on the weirdest moments and even in my dreams. I put all my courage together and went back hoping she would be working and give me five minutes that I didn't deserve. I would try to apologize and maybe if the apology went well and I had a little courage left, ask her on a date.

Of course with the luck I had, she wasn't. Cary told me that she quit last week. Guilt formed in the pit of my stomach, thinking she probably quit because of me.

I tried to get her number but unfortunately, Cary wouldn't give it to me. Which makes him a good boss, yet I couldn't care less.

I stayed for a drink in hopes that Cary would change his mind and tried to ignore the dead glares thrown by the black-haired waitress I recognized as Hayley. I decided to give up after an hour and acknowledges my defeat. Cary called me back when I made my way to the entrench and it got me hoping that maybe he changed his mind.

The little hope that had built up inside me quickly shattered when he handed me the envelope with my tip. She left me a message and not the one I was hoping for. To shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

I searched in vain for weeks because I knew nothing about her. I looked through social media. Do you know how many Nova's live in LA? I checked them all, none of them mine.

Two months went by and each day I hoped I would see her face. In the long run, I started to believe I made everything up and she did not even exist.

I gave up knowing that I will probably never see her again, and slowly she seemed to be fading away from my thoughts.

_________________
One month later.

My trainer rescheduled my training from the usual morning session to the evening. I prefer to train in the morning when it's not like an anthill. Hell, sometimes I even work out at night to avoid it.

I take a stool after getting my usual protein shake at the bar and turn to the window facing the gym. I swear my heart stopped beating. "Nova!" I hear myself gasp.

Some guy is holding her up in a hug. She seems uncomfortable. However, she hugs him back
after a few seconds and smiles.

Shit, what if that's her boyfriend. You better look away. But my curiosity takes over.

Did he just smack her ass!

My hands turn into fists ready to go in and give him a piece of my mind. I quickly realize that I don't have the right and stay put on my barstool to see her reaction.

First, she looks surprised. Unfortunately, she recovers and bursts into laughter. Man, I wish she would have done that with me. No wait, I wish she would have slapped him. That way I would know they aren't dating.