Preference #6 - How they calm you after a nightmare

Ivar: Ivar would try to stay calm about your dreams. He would not make you tell him about them or talk too much himself. He would be up quick, silently looking at you as you tried to gather your breath. The only thing he would demand to know would be if you were okay or if you needed anything, before pulling you closer to him as if to protect you from any other frightening thoughts.

Ubbe: When you would have a nightmare, Ubbe would give you all the time you would need to come back to reality. He would patiently wait for you to look at him, pulling the blanket a bit tighter around the both of you in the meantime. Whether you'd want to talk about your dream or go back to sleep, Ubbe would give you all the time to sort things out while sitting right next to you and calmly rubbing your back.

Sigurd: Sigurd would usually wake up before you. He would notice how you would turn in your sleep, how your breathing would change and would carefully start shaking you awake when you would start whimpering. He would place a hand on your back as you would wake up, telling you not to worry since he was here now.

Hvitserk: He would make you talk about your dream until he would manage to twist the things you told him into a somewhat positive direction. He would tell you that the wild animal hunting you just tried to bring back your lost knife, trying to turn all of the scary thoughts into something less frightening to have you sleep better the following hours.

Bjorn: Bjorn would wake up as rapidly as you, checking his surroundings for a second before realizing why he woke up. Worry could be seen in his eyes as he would pull your shaking body closer to him, his hand softly brushing over your leg. He would tell you not to worry and that it was only a dream. He wouldn't let go off you anytime soon, still carefully stroking your hair, long after you had drifted back off to sleep.