Right, Wrong and Everything In-Between

dedicated to RiceLover for introducing me to this website! she's amazing. check her out!!

[just so we’re clear. Abrianna’s name is pronounced awh-bree-awhn-na]

Chapter One:

                Beep

                Beep

                Beep

                Beep

                “FOR PETE’S SAKE! WILL YOU SHUT UP ALREADY, I’M UP!” I said, as I smacked my alarm clock to make it shut off. I groaned.

                Well, today’s the day. The first day of my senior year. The day I’ve been waiting for since freshman year. This should be an exciting day for me. Well, it’s not. How can I be excited for such an amazing day when everything is so messed up? Last night… No Abs, DO NOT think about last night. Just have a good day, forget about everything that’s wrong for just one day.

                I got up and opened the curtains to my room. Surprisingly, the California sun wasn’t beaming through my window. Great, it was overcast today. Just my luck. Trying to have a good day and it’s overcast. The Gods must hate me, I thought.

                I walked away from the window and went to take a shower. I stripped out of my underwear and one of Bryson’s big t-shirts he left here once, and stepped into the steamy shower. It felt good to feel the hot water drops on my back. I relaxed for a second or two, then washed my hair, my body, and shaved. I turned off the shower, wrapped my towel around me, and stepped out of the shower. I went up to the mirror, and wiped it off. When I looked at my reflection, all I could think of is how horrible I looked. I had puffy eyes and a bruise on my left arm.

 I couldn’t stand looking at the stranger in the mirror anymore, so I went to my closet and found a cute, aqua romper. I towel dried my hair until it was damp, and just left it natural. I have the natural hair that every girl envies, the non-frizzy, beautiful brownish-blonde curls. I applied a bit of foundation and mascara, mainly trying to look natural. I looked in the mirror again and sighed at the person I saw.

I went downstairs, and figured out my dad was sleeping, must be his day off. My mom was at work. Thank god. I grabbed an apple, and headed for my blue convertible outside. It’s only 7:30, but I wanted to go to Rainne’s house before school started.

 Rainne is my bestfriend. She knows everything about me, even about my home life. But, she’s the only one that knows about that. We’ve been bestfriends since diapers, we’re practically sisters.

I sped four blocks over to Rainne’s casa, and she was waiting outside. When I pulled up, an ear to ear grin stretched across her face. She sprinted towards my car, and literally hopped in, since the top was down on my car.

“I missed you, hoe!” she screamed in my ear while she hugged me. I cringed at the loud sound.

“Rae, you’re an idiot. You saw me yesterday afternoon.” I said to her, laughing. By the way, I called her Rae, and she called me Abs. Well, everyone calls me Abs.

I started the car back up and drove towards school. “I know, I know. I just said that cause today’s the first day of school and I wanted to practice saying that. Cause, ya know, everyone says that to everyone on the first day.” She explained, a smile on her face.

Rae was definitely the most idiotic and wild person I knew. This sounded like something she would do… practicing saying she missed people. Whatta wacko.  “Sometimes I wonder what goes on in your head…” I trailed off.

“Oh, ya know, evil plans on how to prove that fairy godparents exist.” Rae said as she started cracking up at what she said.

“You were watching the Fairly OddParents this morning, weren’t you?” I asked her, while a grin appeared on her face.

“Yep.”

“And you’re not afraid to admit that?”

“Nope. FAIRLY ODDPARENTS WATCHER AND PROUD!!” she screamed.

I burst out laughing, and Rae did along with me. That’s what I love about her. This morning, it seemed like I wouldn’t be able to even smile, and now I’m laughing my butt off. Only Rae could make that happen.

She turned up the radio and Faster by Matt Nathanson came on. We belted out the chorus at the top of our lungs, and started cracking up. It was so easy to be happy around Rae, she’s always happy and she just rubs her happiness off on people.

We pulled up to school, singing our hearts out. Everyone took one look at us and started smiling. No surprise to them, it was so typical of us to pull into school like that. Everyone knew it.

I shut off the car, and we walked to our usual hangout spot. Standing there was Christine, Jake, Ryan and Bryson. Christine is our other bestfriend. Jake and Ryan are Bryson’s bestfriends, and Bryson’s my boyfriend. So, it’s obvious why we all hangout together. Also, Christine and Ryan were dating.

I strolled over to Bryson and pecked him on the cheek.

“Morning, Abs.” Bry said, smiling brightly.

“Good morning to you too, and to everyone else.” I said, turning to the others in the group.

“Morning!” they all said in unison.

We all chatted for a bit, until the school intercom sounded.

“Attention all students. Good morning and welcome back. Hope your summer break was as swell as mine,” Mr. Mahoney, our school’s principal said, “Everyone head in to the gym, and go to the section marked as the first letter of your last name to get your schedule. Thank you, and have a great day, tigers.” The tiger was our school mascot.

Thank god that Rae, Christine, and I had the same first letter of our last name.

“Well bye hotties!” we all said, winking at the guys. This caused them all to blush. Well, expect Bryson… We linked arms and skipped to the gym, going straight to the letter section ‘S’

We were standing in line, chatting as usual, and I looked over to my left and saw an unfamiliar face. How strange. I know EVERYONE at school. How do I not know this kid?

“Who’s that?” I asked the girls, pointing to the, rather sexy looking, mystery guy.

“Oh Abs, that’s Declan Porter. You don’t remember him?” Rae said.

“Where would I remember him from?”

“Chicka, we’ve been going to school with him since we was some lil kiddies in kindergarten.” Christine said, jokingly.

“How come I’ve never seen him or met him? I know everyone…” I trailed off.

“Beats me.” Both Christine and Rae said at the same time, causing them to crack up.

They started talking, and honestly, I wasn’t even paying attention to the thing they were rambling about. I kept my eyes focused on this Declan kid the entire time, trying to figure out how he managed to keep away from me through-out all these years.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

author's note:

hey guys! this is my first story, so sorry if it's sucky. i'm really excited to write this story. i know it might be kinda slow at first.. but give it a couple of chapters. it gets better... trust me!

so, who's declan?

hmmm.... ;)

lemme know if i can improve and stuff.

tankkks loves!