An Explanation

Hey guys, been a long time since I updated huh? Really sorry to anyone who is still reading this...

Oh and I made some changes in chapter 3 on 20/05/18. You might want to check it out. It's just a little difference on the conversations and details and stuff, but generally the same content as the old chapter.

Well here is chapter 4 and hope you all enjoy.

Made For You

An Explanation

Zero groggily opened his eyes. He felt awake and aware, but an unknown lethargy was dragging down his limps.

He was standing in a grand hallway that looked like it belonged to some castle.

That didn't make sense. How can he fall asleep while standing? And where the hell was he anyway?

"Kate, sweetie where are you?"

Zero looked up towards the source of the voice. A woman was standing at the opposite end of the hallway. Curled strands of chocolate brown hair flowed down her back like silk and reached mid-thigh. Zero heard a giggle somewhere behind him. Apparently the woman heard it too, because she turned around and looked straight at Zero. Even at the distance he was at, her sparkling green eyes caught him off guard because that particular shade of green was very familiar.

The warm smile that flitted across her face as she saw him also startled him. It took a moment to realize that the smile was not meant for him, but for the source of the giggling. Zero turned around and stood rooted to the ground as a familiar head of black hair peeked at the woman from behind the potted plant next to him. But of course it the owner of the head was much younger than the one he remembered, Zero was confused.

"That's Kate when she was younger. She's cute isn't she?"

Zero turned around to face the speaker to see Adrian leaning against the wall.

"What's happening?"

"You're seeing Kate's memories" Adrian said helpfully.

"Her memories? What!" Zero asked confused.

"We're in her mindscape... It's a representation of her mind and what you're seeing now are part of her memories."

Zero looked at Adrian blankly for some time and then shook his head without asking for a further explanation on what a mindscape is.

"Why am I here?"

"It would be much easier this way to explain things... About what we are and about our... 'Situation'," Adrian said slowly.

"You really need to take me into her mind to explain things? And what do you mean by 'situation'?" Zero asked. This was just getting more and more confusing to him.

"Well, look I am going to explain things here. It would be so much easier to just show you her memories... And besides inside the mindscape you can only be truthful so, you can be assured that everything I tell you or show you are the truth."

Zero raised an eyebrow, "Why should I believe what you just said? You could be lying about the whole 'truthful' thing."

Adrian sighed, "Tell me Zero, what you hate most in the world?"

Zero scoffed, he meant to say vampires but what came out of his mouth was something else, "Me"

Adrian blinked and Zero looked startled and stuttered, "I... Why did I just-"