Katherine Lefevre

Zero looked at the angels in front of him with awe.
The woman had platinum blond hair and light blue eyes and from her back, a pair of magnificent wings sprouted resting close to her and cradling the bundle in her arms. The wings were a range of colours so varied that he couldn't name them so all.
The woman stood beside her equally beautiful husband holding a bundle in her hands and smiling down at the child with such joy. The wings of the husband were stark white and shining with such power and the fierceness of a warrior as the arched over his family; protective and loving.
The last member of the family was the elder child; no older than three or four; peeking from inside the cocoon of her mother's wings at the new member of their family. Zero knew right away that the child he was looking at was Kate.
Kate looked very much like her mother; except for the fact that her hair and eye colour were purely from her father's side.
Somehow Zero understood that he was seeing Kate's memories and somehow he also knew that this happy family only remained in these memories.
That night when Zero slept he dreamt of the lifetime that Katherine Lefevre lived till that day.
Genesis was a different dimension. A world very much unlike Earth. There were no humans or vampires in Genesis; there were only Sepphirym.
Sepphirym; a kind of creatures that was much like the human representations of angels. They possessed wings of different colours and sizes and numbers; they were a beautiful group of creatures that existed only in Genesis.
The Lefevre was one of the Royal family of Genesis. The king Delen Lefevre and his wife the queen Alexia Lefevre. Then there were the two princesses of the royal family.
The youngest daughter named Alexandra born with her mother's eyes and hair, and wings the colour of the rainbow, beautiful, just like her mother's.
The eldest by four years named Katherine Lefevre born with her father's midnight black hair and emerald green eyes and said to be blessed because of her crystalline wings that beat diamonds with their ever-present shine.
Many came to see the eldest Princess with her beautiful wings and many dreamt of having her as theirs when she grew up. But the king and queen were powerful even without an army to back them up and no one dared to lay a finger on the two girls.
The story progressed much like any fairytale where the two princesses grew up happily under the care and protection of their parents. Zero watched Alexia sing little Kate to sleep and he watched as Delen taught the girl how to fight. He felt a pang of familiar pain when he watched Kate teach Alexandra all the things she could and take care of her, like how he looked after Ichiru.
The happy story ended the day Katherine turned fifteen.

Alexandra had been kidnapped by the enemies.

They didn't know who it was. He watched from Kate's eyes as Delen and Alexia searched high and low for the missing child.

Then came the ultimatum.

The younger princesses will be given back safely if the eldest were to come alone willingly otherwise the king and queen will have one child less.

He watched as Kate left against everyone's wishes. When he heard Kate's parent tell her how she was the future queen and as such was more important, something inside him twisted. His parents had done the same and that had led Ichiru to his fate. He felt fear for the family.

Kate went alone and Zero's heart clenched. He wouldn't have tried to stop her from doing that, because he knew that if it had been Ichiru, he would've done the same.

Kate stood in front of the captors holding her sister and spread her wings. Even the enemy had to gasp at the beauty of those wings, and Zero saw the greed and fear in their eyes. At fifteen, Kate was one of the best warriors in the kingdom. Nobody expected any less from the eldest daughter of Delen Lefevre.

Her sister was by her side soon enough. It took time and much effort but in the end, Kate managed to defeat them.

The unexpected attack came from her sister though and Zero cringed at the look in Kate's eyes. It was one of acceptance and shock and betrayal.