VI.Prey

Cara

WANTING TO TAKE AS LITTLE TIME AS POSSIBLE, I hurried up in the shower. The hot water hit my back, soothing and cleansing my skin. I felt refreshed as the water ran down my locks bring out their brown colour.

When I was done I wrapped the large white towel around my body.

I found some clothes on the bed. A navy blue dress, a black bra and black panties. The panty and bra stilled had the tag on so I knew they were unworn. I didn't dwell on the fact that they were my exact size.

I dressed quickly hoping Merideth would give me directions home or at least tell me where I was, in more details than ' Vasiliev Property '.

Taking one last look in the mirror, I made sure I looked fine before going to search for Merideth. The dress was beautiful and fit my body well but it did not do anything to raise my spirits.

I could not wait to get back home. Sure I would have to have a difficult conversation with dad once I did, but that little fact did not matter at the moment. All I wanted was to see him again and hug him.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door. It was a quiet patient knock. Probably Merideth.

There was another knock when I did not answer.I went to open the door instead of telling her to just coming in.

I reached out my hand towards the knob but it moved. I did not want a repeat of events so I took a step back.

My breath hitched when I saw it was not Merideth. Not even close.

Standing in front of me was a man.

He was of gargantuan height, easily towering over was petite form.

Unconscious of my actions, I began to full on eyeball God's gift to women. I could not help it. It is human instinct, nay, female instinct to scout out a viable mate -  according to Nat-geo wild - and he was more that viable.

He wore dark jeans that accentuated his tall frame, hugging his legs in all the right place. His white shirt tightly clung to his muscled body outling his muscles. My fingers hitched to reach out and touch his biceps run up his arms and down to his abs.

Avert your eyes, Cara...now while you still can.

His plump lips were pulled up to a cocky grin but it did not register in my mind what he thought of me shamelessly gawking.

His face was the work of a master crafts man, decorated with a light stubble I wanted to feel and an aristocratic nose even Adonis himself would envy. But the real works of art were his eyes.

His orbs were indescribable. I was not even sure what colour they were and I had taken a years of art classes. They were shade of grey which a hint if blue.

His eyes were pulling me in the same way they say if stare into the inside of well deeply it may pull you in and you will surely fall in. Well right his were pulling me. A few more seconds and I would fall inside the well.

He cleared his throat and I had to rip my gaze away and stare somewhere else. But not a second later, I found myself staring at him again, only this time he was also looking at me.

All his focus was on me, his stare burning through me

I did not know what to say. Something had to be said and I was standing there speechless.

He opened his mouth to speak but no words came out. He then pursed his lips.

The silence was deafening.

"Have you seen Merideth?" I suddenly asked in attempt to break the tension.

"Ummh...Pardon me?" He finally spoke. His throaty voice was like a shot of strong liquor and I was pretty sure it -just like the liquor- can lead women to do the craziest things.