XXVIII. The dragon and the fly

Cara

I was sat on the couch using my laptop, checking college admissions, so far I had gotten three, none of which I really wanted. To be honest, I had only applied to them in case I did not get into the one I really wanted, Balor.

Balor was my dream school and I really wanted to get in. Sadly the application process was a whole thing. First you send in your credentials followed by a few assigned essays and then an interview.

All I had to do was attend the interview on Saturday. Saturday because they like to see if the applicant is serious enough to attend an interview on a weekend. A good way to weed off the jokers.

Dad was at work and my friends had left after breakfast that morning.

Hanging out with them had been nice but Liza had been a bit off. It was probably because of what had happened the night. Maybe a hangover. A hangover was nothing the girl could not handle so I did not worry too much about the issue.

The house was pretty much empty. I liked the peace and quiet.

There was a knock at the door and I nearly jumped off the couch, startled by the sudden noise. I knew who it was.

Ivan

I had sensed that he would be coming by. Honestly, I had been anxious to see him again since last night when he left after escorting my friends and I back to the house.

I ran to the door, my heart skipping a beat, knowing just who stood on the other side of the door. I felt his air. I had always been able to tell when he was close by.

Ignoring the house rule of looking through the peep hole before opening the door, I answered the knock.

There he stood.

In the bright daylight, Ivan stood at my doorstep, tall and handsome as ever. He had clad himself in dark pants and a thick navy blue long sleeved shirt with black shoes. The roundneck shirt clung to his biceps tightly making his look tantalizingly sexy.

Shamelessly gawking, I studied him from the shiny black shoes he wore to his curly black mane.

Sizing me up, he drank me in with hard gaze. I felt neither nervous nor fearful as his steely gaze raked through my form. The way he looked at me, it made me feel satisfied and complete in a way. It felt good to be looked at in the way he did me.

"Ivan," I said breathlessly.

"I have come see you..." he looked behind me." May I come in?"

Months ago I would not have hesitated to let him into my house. Now things were different. I had to be cautious. He had proven himself dangerous and I needed to know his motives.

What would he want with me?

I was only a human, small and weak compared to what he was. He was a dragon :I was a fly.

"I'd prefer if you did not."

Disappointment was clear in his eyes.

"I understand. Come outside then," he said. It was more of an order than a plea. He spoke so dominantly that I had no choice but to obey.

I came outside and closed the door behind me. He made way for me.

"What do you want from me?" I questioned him quickly. Now that I knew what he was, it puzzled me more than ever what he could have wanted from me.

"I don't want anything from you. I only want you. "

"Why? Why do you want me?" I snapped. My breathe caught when I saw his steely orbs darken suddenly. He stepped towards me. I stepped back.