secrets - 1

You tore your eyes away from the TV as Peter's phone went off for what seemed like the millionth time that night alone

You tore your eyes away from the TV as Peter's phone went off for what seemed like the millionth time that night alone. You bit your lip, watching as Peter picked up his phone to check it. From the look in his eyes alone, you knew that in a moment Peter would tell you that he had to leave, and would get up, leaving you alone like every other night before. You couldn't help the quiet sigh that left your lips.

It seemed like this was happening more and more lately. The two of you would be hanging out, and then Peter's phone would buzz, and he'd have to leave. He'd always say something along the lines of, "Aunt May says I need to come home" or, "Jacob needs my help with something for school." Not only did he often leave while the two of you were together, he would also just tell you that he couldn't hang out with you. You'd send him a text, asking what he was doing, or if he could hang out. Often, you'd get a short reply like "I'm busy, talk to you later." Other times, you wouldn't get a reply from him until hours later. It was beginning to feel like Peter didn't even want to be with you; like he was bored of you and was just blowing you off. You wondered what his excuse was going to be today.

Sure enough, as soon as he checked his phone, you could feel Peter's body shift underneath yours as he sat up slightly. You knew what was coming, so you sat up as well, turning to face him. He had pulled his lip between his teeth as he gazed down at you. You didn't give him a chance to speak, shaking your head, not being able to hide the annoyance and hurt in your voice, "It's fine, Peter, just go."

As soon as you'd said it, you could see Peter's face change. His voice was soft as he spoke, taking your hand in his, "Babe, it's not like that, you know that..."

You shook your head again, pulling your hand from his and getting out of bed, standing up at the side of the bed. "Peter, it's fine, I get it. Go ahead and leave, just like you do every time we're together. It's whatever." You knew you were being a little ridiculous, but you couldn't help it; you'd had enough and it just hurt.

Peter stood up at the other side of the bed, his expression hardening, and you could tell that he was getting frustrated. "Y/N, don't be like this. I wouldn't leave if I didn't have to."

This was just ridiculous. If Peter wanted to stay, he would. You let out a huff of frustration, as you went to your bedroom door, pulling the door open. "Just leave. I don't even care anymore, I'm used to it." As soon as you'd opened the door, Peter walked over, closing the door again. He looked down at you into your eyes, his arms crossed over his chest. You stared up at him, taking a step back after he took a step closer to you.

When he took another step closer to you, you reached out and pushed on his chest, "Oh, fuck off. I'm not stupid, Peter Parker, if you don't want to be with me, just say so. You've been kind of a dick lately, and I'm tired of it."

Peter's jaw clenched, shaking his head as he muttered angrily, "You're so selfish, Y/N, not everything is about you. There are other people that need me, and if you can't understand that, then maybe we should just be done." He opened the door, shooting a look back at you, "I'm leaving, just like you wanted," and with that, walked out of your room.

You stood in the doorway and yelled down the hall at him, your voice shaking with anger, "Fine! We're done. Don't come back, I don't want to see your face!" Once Peter had disappeared from your sight, you slammed your door behind you, sinking to the ground, your face in your hands.

Later that night, after a few hours of regret, and a lot of crying, there was a knock at your door. You were just about to get in bed, you were tired from crying and you just felt sad, so you begrudgingly opened the door. You had expected to find one of your parents at the door to say goodnight. Instead, you found Peter.

When you realized that it was him, your eyes widened, and your arms folded over your chest, your bottom lip between your teeth. You wanted to feel angry, but you just couldn't. Instead, you felt a wave of sadness and defeat wash over you, your voice small as you spoke, "What are you doing here, Peter? How'd you get in?"

From the look of the dark apartment, your parents were already asleep in bed, so there was no way they let him in. Peter's hands were stuffed into his pockets, his feet shuffling back and forth across the floor, "I know where you guys keep the key, and I- I just had to see you, and I need to apologize..." His voice trailed off and you gently grabbed him by the arm, pulling him into your bedroom, shutting the door quietly.

Once you'd gotten him into your room, you could tell that Peter's night had gone just about as well as yours. His eyes were puffy (not unlike yours), his dark curls were a mess on the top of his head. You had to fight the urge to reach out and brush his hair out of his face. At that moment, you noticed that he also had a scratch on his forehead, and his knuckles looked like they'd been bruised. A small gasp escaped your lips, your eyes widening as you noticed, speaking in a hurried whisper, "Baby, what happened? Are you okay?"

He nodded his head automatically, "I'm okay, I'm okay, I just needed to see you." When his curls bounced across his forehead again, you couldn't help but to reach up and push his hair back. As your fingers grazed over the scratches on his face, he winced, his face scrunching up.

You shook your head, taking his hand and telling him to sit on the bed before making a quick trip to the bathroom to grab some first aid supplies. Upon your return, you sat down on the bed next to him, gently turning his face towards yours so you could get a better look. You tried to ask him again what had happened, but he only shook his head in response, mumbling that he was okay.

Deciding that it wasn't worth arguing about, you got to work. Peter's eyes were trained on your face as you cleaned him up. After a few short moments of silence, and a few more winces from Peter, he spoke quietly, "Y/N, I'm so sorry. I- I didn't mean what I said before. You're not selfish in the slightest, and I understand where you're coming from. I'm going to try to work on my stuff so it doesn't affect us."

You paused, shifting your gaze to his eyes, nodding your head as you held back a small smile. "I didn't mean what I said either, I was just so frustrated."

You lifted your hand again to continue fixing Peter up, but he caught your hand, holding it in his gently. You looked back to him to find him staring at you intently, his voice coming out softly but confidently, "And I want to be with you. More than anything, Y/N. I need you in my life... I love you."

This time, the smile found its way to your lips, and then, your lips were finding his. Peter kept one of your hands in his, his other arm sliding around your waist as he pulled you in closer. Your free hand rested against his strong shoulder. The kisses were soft and slow, but they were purposeful. Passionate.

As soon as you'd taken a moment to breathe, you whispered against his lips, "I love you too, Peter Parker."

After you'd finally finished cleaning your boy up, you gave him some of his clothes to wear, and the two of you crawled into your bed. The covers were pulled up, your chest pressed to his, your head on his shoulder, his arms around your waist.

Peter kissed your forehead and then your hair, and in return, you pressed your lips against the exposed skin of his collarbone. Your limbs were tangled with his, and your breathing fell in sync.

Just as you were about to close your eyes and drift off, Peter spoke quietly, "Y/N, baby, there's something I need to tell you."