come down

A/N: this is based off of the song come down by noah kahan. 10/10 would recommend that song

May had called you in a panic, asking if you'd hang out with Peter while she was gone for the weekend

May had called you in a panic, asking if you'd hang out with Peter while she was gone for the weekend. Honestly, you were surprised, as May didn't usually let the two of you spend the night together if there wasn't an adult home, but you weren't about to turn down the offer. Any time you got to spend with your boyfriend was great, especially since the boy was always busy with school and work and whatever odds and ends Mr. Stark had put him up to. May stressed that she'd only be gone the weekend, and she just really needed someone to be with Peter, and Tony was out of the country so Peter couldn't stay with him. She said that she'd tried her best to get out of whatever was causing her to have to leave, but she couldn't, and she didn't want Peter to be by himself.

You knew her reasoning behind it, and you didn't blame her. After everything that happened to him on Titan, May was extra protective of her nephew. Peter wasn't the same after being in the soul realm, and May knew it. It was obvious to you, too. She refused to leave him alone for more than a few hours at a time and was constantly checking up on him. She was always there to comfort him when he had one of his panic attacks, to help him come back down. It had been hard for you when Peter was gone, but you knew it was a million times worse for May. Peter was the only family she had left, and he had disappeared. So now that he was back, she was doing everything in her power to let him know she was there for him, and that she'd never let him go.

You didn't know what to expect from the weekend ahead of you, but that didn't stop you from packing a bag as quickly as you could and heading to Peter's place. When you arrived, you knocked on the door to his apartment but didn't wait for a response, opening the door and kicking your shoes off inside. Peter rounded the corner, and a huge smile immediately tugged at your lips as he came into view. His face mimicked yours, his perfect smile bright as ever as he pulled you into his arms.

Squeezing you tightly, he pressed a kiss to your forehead as he rocked you back and forth slightly. "What're you doing here, baby?" he asked excitedly, moving back enough just to look at you.

"May said I could stay here while she was gone," you stated simply, not exactly wanting to elaborate on the reason why. You knew he'd say he didn't need to be "babysat," as he put it.

His eyes flashed with recognition of what you really meant, but surprisingly it didn't seem to bother him too much as he slipped his hand into yours. Taking your duffle bag from you, he started pulling you toward the kitchen, where the sound of music was playing quietly in the background, "Well, cutie, you're just in time. Just about to start making dinner."

Your eyebrows shot up as you laughed, hopping up onto the kitchen counter, "Oh good, I'm just in time to see what weird recipe you've come up with this time." Peter was always hungry, and most of the time he didn't care what he was eating, so sometimes he came up with some pretty gross concoctions.

Turning away from the stove where some things were cooking in pans, Peter let out a loud huff, narrowing his eyes at you playfully as he crossed his arms over his chest, "Baby, I'm not that bad!"