6. Atlast...

"You guys... I will give you one more chance. But after lunch, I'll make it even tougher to get the bells. Those who still wish to challenge, can eat lunch but don't give any to Naruto. It's punishment for not participating in the test. If anyone gives any food, they will fail immediately. I am the rules here. Got it." And after that Kakashi left the field.

.

.

.

Naruto wanted to change these settings. He wanted to pass as a team. Not on a maybe from their sensei. But he knew it was unwise to change the supposed passing them. For the sake of being functional was not a good enough answer for Sasuke to offer his food or Sakura to feed him. In their good time, they did share their thoughts and actions regarding their team selection day. They had laughed together on the pranks by Naruto by tieing and hengeing himself into Sasuke. They also shared those old conversations. To say least, Sakura was embarrassed and ashamed a lot for her behavior. Again Sasuke defended him. Those were his happy memories. But this time, Naruto didn't know whether such conversations took place this time or not. So he preferred to wait for the outcome. Naruto wanted to know whether they choose the team or their personal agenda.

So, Naruto did the best thing he could do, "Heh!!! I don't need any food. I had already eaten at home. And, I told you both to eat something. But you didn't listen to me. Both of you must be starving by now... Go on eat. I am fine... Then we will kick his ass for playing with us." And he started grinning wildly but it felt warm and genuine to his teammates. 

'Grrrr' could be heard pretty loudly.

Naruto forgot that he was always hungry. It was his body mechanism that alerts him that he need to store extra food for an emergency. His child body was adapted to this condition. On the other, his soul and mind were adapted to fewer food requirements and food pills. In his time, they don't have the luxury to have a peaceful eating environment. Such days had come when they had to depend on limited food pills. So he was quite sure if he didn't have lunch now, he still can continue without eating anything. But...

'Grrrrrr..........'

"Here, eat some from mine." Said Sasuke without looking at Naruto.

"But, Sensei said to not give anything or Kakashi Sensei will fail you. And I know you don't want to fail." Said Naruto with a questioning look but he knew better. Naruto wanted to see a little glimpse of future Sasuke from his time.

"Kakashi is gone. We need to get those bells as a team. You said yourself, we need to work as a team. If you are hungry then you will be weak and ineffective. That hurts the team and jeopardize the mission." Said a stoic Sasuke.

Before Naruto could counter, Sakura said, "Sasuke is always right Naruto."

"But Sakura,"

"Sensei was right. You asked to work together but I didn't listen." Sakura pushed her lunchbox towards Naruto and smiled.

"You didn't eat anything Sakura. You need your lunch." Said Naruto.

"Just hurry up and eat. I..... I'm on a diet. I... I don't even need as much a Sasuke. So..... uuhhh... just take it." Said a very irate Sakura.

"I can't. You see..... I'm all tied up. You can't loose the rope. So either you or Sasuke needs to feed me. Sorry to be bothered. If you don't want then you don't have to feed me." Naruto said with a small but genuine smile.

Sakura wanted to deny but knew Sasuke was far from feeding Naruto. So she fed Naruto the first bite.

And...... Kakashi appeared with smoke yelling "YOU". "You broke the rule and I hope you are ready for the punishment." He waved hand-signs and a black cloud appeared in the sky blocking the sun. "Any last words...?"