Anything Could Happen (NaLu)

It was a normal day at Fairy Tail. On one side of the room sat Erza, eating strawberry cake while Elfman complimented her manliness. On the other sat Gajeel, covertly observing the blue haired bookworm across from him, while her best friends and self appointed protectors attempted to dissuade him. And in the middle of it all, Gray and Natsu were fighting again.

"Natsu, Gray!" Lucy Heartfilia stood, hands on hips, and glared at the brawling men. On her left arm there was the beginnings of a fresh bruise, courtesy of the battle between her two friends who hadn't stopped fighting long enough to realise they threw a table at her. She began to berate them, hell bent on receiving at least a concerned glance (she wasn't fool enough to hope for an apology), when there was a loud crash from behind her and the tinkling of glass breaking.

Lucy spun around, shocked, and found that the normally graceful Mirajane had dropped her tray and now glass covered the floor around her feet.

"Mira! Are you alright?" Lucy rushed over to her friend, bending down with the intention of helping her pick up the broken glass. Thankfully Elfman hadn't yet noticed, which was why he wasn't currently running over to find out what happened to his precious nee-chan. "What happened?"

"I'm fine, Lucy." Mira smiled, waving her hands to dismiss her. "Don't worry about this. Although, would you mind fetching the broom from me? It's in the cupboard."

Uncertainly Lucy stood, but agreed to her friend's request, brushing her hands off on her denim shorts and walking through the the back of the guild.

Once Lucy had left, Mira stepped out of the glass and made her way towards Natsu and Gray, stepping like a dancer with a blithe smile on her face. When she reached the brawling males she stopped, hands clasped behind her back, and tilted her head on one side, her smile so sweet it would make the bitterest of medicine taste like sunshine.

"Natsu." She called, cheerfully, not at all fazed by the violence between the two mages. After all, she used to be far worse.

Before she became Fairy Tail's matchmaker, that is.

"Natsu!" This time she managed to grab his attention. The dragonslayer ducked another punch from his friend, and turned to grin at her.

"Oh, Mira!" His moment of absentness had him tackled to the floor in an instant and the argument continued, though now his focus was half on her.

"Natsu, Lucy can't find the broom. Would you go help her for me?" Frowning, Natsu stood, absentmindedly pushing Gray into Elfman.

"Lucy? But-why can't you help her?" He was puzzled, which Mira supposed was good. That meant he didn't have a clue what was going on.

"I have to clear things up here." Mira replied, her smile never wavering. "It would be a big help."

Natsu nodded and grinned, easily.

"Leave it to me!"

_____________________________________

"N-Natsu?! W-what are you doing in here?!"

"Mira sent me! She said you lost your broom."

"I didn't lose it, she sent me to find it! And it's not my broom!"

"Hey look, Lucy, I found your broom!"

"I already told you it's not my broom! And I already found it!"

Mira hummed cheerily to herself as she slipped the broom cupboard key into her pocket. It would be a while before they noticed the cupboard was locked, and a while longer before she 'remembered' that they were in there. In fact, she might just 'forget' until morning.

And in that small, dark cupboard together for all that time, well...

...anything could happen.