Surprise「✧」

[ 1128 - Words ]

Silently strolling along the streets, I look down to my side and make direct eye contact with a kitten in a free box on the sidewalk. It was a beautiful winter white with gray patches. Crouching down in front of it, I reach my hand out to pet it. It noticed my action and rub its head up into my hand. "Aww.. you like me" It meowed back at me. 'OH MY GOD... I GOTTA TAKE IT HOME' I thought to myself. I reach out and picked it up and held it up against my chest, "I hope you like my boyfriend as much as you like me" as a responses I got a soft meow. I immediately melt at the sound of kitten.

Time skippppo

Fishing my key out of my pocket I quickly unlocked the apartment door. Slowly I walk in trying to stay quiet, I wanted to surprise my boyfriend because he really and I mean really hates dogs. I look around the corner to see my lovely dark haired boyfriend asleep. I walk over to him and crouch in front of the sofa slowly putting the kitten on his chest. The moment I set the kitten down it laid itself down onto him, which was perfect.

I slowly poke his cheek,

"Dazai..." I whisper in his ear.

"Dazaiiiii" I poke him again but using a little more pressure.

He slowly moves his arm away from his face, "whatttttt" he yawns. With his eyes still closed I say "I got you something hun... well its also for me" I say the last part with an airy chuckle. "If it's a dog I'm gonna shoot you (y/n), I legit don't care if your my girlfriend" I held my chest as I give him a dramatic gasp as if I was offended, then proceed to giggle.

"It's not a dog, it's even better" I tell him "now open those chocolate eyes of yours." Slowly but surely he flutters his eyes open adjusting to the lights first, then quickly glanced to me, then the floor and then everywhere else in house, not noticed the light weight on his stomach. I laugh at him and then point at his stomach. "It's right there." His eye quickly dart down to his stomach. "oh my god" He quietly says, but loud enough so I could hear.

He's eye flash from me to the kitten a few times. The kitten noticed his movements and the stood up and then walked up his stomach to his chest, putting its paw on dazai's cheek, while giving a soft meow. Like my life dependent on this moment, I whip my phone out of my pocket and snap a few pics.

"So do you like it?" I say I as I slide my phone onto the coffee table "I haven't given it a name since I wanted to name it with you"

"(y/n)" He says.

"Hm?"

He looks at me and then looks back at the kitten, his eyes suddenly went from a lifeless hazy brown to a sparkly chocolate brown. "THIS IS THE CUTEST ANIMAL I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE" He yelled, which scared the living shit out of the kitten. It jumped off his chest and quickly ran under the sofa. "Nice one man... nice one" I say, throwing my hands up.

"You don't just randomly start yelling, this kitten hasn't even been here for 15 minutes yet" I pause, catching my breath "but I'm guessing you like it" He nods and then grabs my wrist, pulling me on top of him. "This legit 10 times better than a dog" he says sweetly, giving me a peck on the lips.

I giggle "I'm glad you like it"

"By the way, is it a boy or girl?" he questions

"OH" I gasp "I knew was forgetting something.... I haven't even check it yet." "Well you need to check if we want to name it" He states, as I slide off of him onto the floor to look under the sofa. "Come here kitty, I need to look to see if you have balls" I say while tapping on the floor trying to get its attention. It slowly crawls out from under the sofa and lays on my lap. I pet it for a little bit until I lift it up to check under its tail.

I gasp and then hold it close to me. "What" Dazai says with a confused look, I wipe away a fake tear "It's a girl!" I bring her out from my chest and place her on Dazai lap since he was sitting up.

"Were parents now!" He says as he also wipes away his fake tears.

I stand up and sit beside him and give him a light kiss on the cheek. He looks at me and gives me a soft smile "how about we name her Aiko, it means child of love... and we love her and each other so its perfect." I giggle at his choice but agree.

Turning to look at the kitten I ask "How about that do you like the name Akio?" She meows happily and rubs herself on Dazai. "I guess we have all come to an agreement here" I chuckle.

We proceed through the rest of the day playing with the kitten and doing our normal things we do on our days off.

Next Morninggg

I wake up to a bandaged arm wrapped around me, I slowly turn to face the bootyful brown haired man. I stare at him and slowly move some of his hair out of his face, placing a soft kiss on his forehead. I stare at him and just smile.

Slowly he opens his eyes and looks at me. "I love waking up to your beautiful face" He says as he pulls me into his chest. I talk a deep breath while taking his sweet scent. I look up at him and kiss his soft lips, smiling into the kiss I slowly pull away "I love you so much" I say.

He gives a sleepy chuckle and replies, "I love you too (y/n)"

Kissing once more, we part after hearing a quiet meow and look to the bottom of our bed and see Akio happily meowing up at us.

"We love you too Akio" We both say with a giggle.

-----
I hope you like this first oneshot. I really didn't know what to name the kitten so I went on Google and searched up 'Female Japanese cat names' 😂 The name Akio stuck out to me and I thought I was cute, but if want a different name you can think of your own and ignore what I wrote. Once again, I hope you enjoyed this oneshot. :)