PART II. I

After her last discussion with Archie Andrews, Dani didn't think she would get any news soon

Unfortunately, it seems that Riverdale was really determined to make things even more difficult for her.

And now ?

She was literally running like a headless duck in the General Hospital looking for an Archie Andrews visibly in distress.

Unsurprisingly, she finally burst into one of the many entrances to the establishment before taking a break at the sight of Betty and Veronica joining her from another corridor.

Betty hastened to take her hand before pulling her with her towards the waiting room.

Dani was surprised to see her brother already present with the group but she just ignored this topic for now as she was quick to put her eyes on the author of their small gathering.

Archie Andrews.

The latter was currently walking up and down in front of the secretary's desk with his plaster and white T-shirt completely stained with blood.

Veronica, Betty, Nath and Jughead rushed at him to hug him in a low-comfort embrace while Dani immediately began looking for her aunt to get more information.

She kept an eye on the group as she passed them, her heels hitting the floor quickly before she stopped at the sight of her aunt currently chatting with Ethan.

"Bonnie, what happened? Do you have news of Fred?" Dani asked immediately, interrupting their conversation.

"Oh, Dani." Bonnie whispered as she hurried to hug her niece before taking a step back with sympathy. "We don't know his condition yet. He had a hemorrhage. The bullet didn't come out."

Dani shook her head in disbelief before casting a glance at the group to see them part.

Archie, in his completely upset state, grabbed her anxious look. She tried a sketch of a smile anyway before joining them as he sat on one of the seats.

" What happened ?" She asked, focusing mainly on the obviously nervous redhead.

The latter stood with his elbows resting on his thighs and knotted hands, a distinctive sign of protection. "I came out of the bathroom and there was this ... this man, a thief, wearing this hood on Pop Tate. And then he pointed to my dad and he ... he fired. "

"Oh, Archie ..." Veronica breathes.

"And then he ..." Dani raised her eyebrows expectant at the redhead as Jughead repeated in expectancy with an expression like Dani's, forcing Archie to answer. "H-he bolted. "

Dani discreetly narrowed her eyes at Archie at his quick response before paying more attention to his words as he continued his side of the story. "Then, I held my dad and Pop called an ambulance, but it never came, so I drove here and ..."