Part II.IV

The White Wyrm

                  The White Wyrm.

Dani didn't think she would end up spending time in an old bar stinking of smoke and cheap beer. And yet, there she was, with a glass in front of her and a Serpent jacket on her back.

She did not even count the average age type with putrid breath and the typical biker mouth who was trying to flirt with her at this stage.

Worse still, she also had to deal with Serpents openly handing over her status. It seems that her lack of initiation led some to question her loyalty. Or whatever.

Be that as it may, Dani didn't really know what she had come looking for here. She should be in high school at this time of the day and yet she was hanging out here.

Just like this girl with pink hair it would seem.

"You shouldn't be in high school?" Asked her as she was cleaning a chopper with an old rag.

Dani looked up from her half-full glass before raising an eyebrow at the barmaid."I could ask you the same question."

"Touché." She agreed with a fox-like smile before putting the mug on the shelves behind her.

Dani watched her suspiciously as she rested her elbows on the counter before leaning over her with a mischievous air."You want to talk about it ? You know what they say about barmaids."

Dani immediately raised her eyebrows at the seductive look of the pink-haired crossbreed before copying her position sarcastically."I don't do teen drama. "

Her interlocutor gauged Dani visibly somewhat surprised by her return before lowering her head with a breath of laughter.

"I guess it was deserved." She agreed, turning her attention to Dani before tilting her head to one side. "So, tell me, this new Southside boy, is he your brother?"

This time it was Dani's turn to look a little suspicious as she straightened up to give Toni a fresh look."Who told you ? "

"Although I wish it wasn't, the Southside is not that different from the Northside in terms of gossip." She explained with a simple shrug of her shoulders before continuing with a smile."Sweat Pee surprised a conversation with Tall Boy and another of the guys."

"Sweat Pee?" Dani repeated with a slight incredulous grimace collecting a laugh from Toni.

"You and I have names of guys. I don't think we can judge."

"Right." Dani nodded, taking a sip of her drink before resting it on the counter.

She took her leather jacket from the countertop before jumping out of the stool she was sitting on. She then searched her pockets for money before pausing at the sensation of a shadow hovering over her back.