PART II : II

                               The least Dani could say was that the scene was bloody. And it was definitely not a morbid word game. She was almost struggling against her fragile stomach to continue her search for clue in the small diner.

Currently, she was sitting on her lap behind the famous counter of the Chock Lip'shoppe looking for a way to find out who was the author of this horrible crime.

She was not against admitting that the macabre style had the gift of exaltation but she was more upset by the fact that Fred Andrews had been the target.

It was almost personal in her eyes and she was not going to let go of the case until she found the author of this heinous crime.

What she would do next is totally dependent on future events.

However, the sudden ringing of the restaurant suddenly brought her into her train of thought.

She stiffened slightly as Pop Tate hastened to come back to the front just to give Dani a quick glance at the sight of the two newcomers. "Sorry, kids. It's closed. There have been-"

Pop repeated exactly the same words he had said when she arrived, leaving Dani almost instinctively plucking her lips to the familiar voices.

"Pop." Betty freaking Cooper. "We know about it. We come from the hospital. We're looking for Mr. Andrews' wallet. "

Dani remained perfectly still as Pop passed her in a total void of her presence. " Is he-"

"Out of the block." Betty interrupted at a thoughtful tone, letting Dani unconsciously release a weak sigh of relief. "We'll know more when he wakes up. "

However, she was quick to widen her eyes as Pop suddenly became aware of her presence as the other two troublemakers. "As I already told your friend here, the police have already examined everything but if you want to check too, he was sitting there. "

"Our friend?" Exclaimed the duo in unison leaving Dani rolling her eyes as she could already imagine them.

Unfortunately, since she was unmasked, she had no choice but to get up slowly before dusting herself off as she faced the shocked faces of Betty and Jug.

"Dani? "

"Can you ... yeah, don't do that." The brunette grimaced, waving her finger between the duet with a look of revulsion as she referred to their habit of speaking in unison.

Obviously, her request was totally ignored as they advanced again to the brunette definitely more alert this time.

"Dani, are you okay? "

" What are you doing here? "

Dani shook her head as she pinched the bridge of her nose in fatigue before skirting the counter, ignoring Pop mopping the bloody floor before turning her attention back to the duo ignoring Betty's concern.