18

Being dragged into the woods, jimin pants, "w-what are you doing babe?"

Releasing his boyfriends hand, jungkook runs his hand through his hair, "nothing... nothing. Sorry. I just wanted to get away from everyone- I missed you too much."

Walking over to him, jimin wraps his arms around jungkooks neck, snuggling his head into his neck, "I missed you too."

A wave of guilt washes over jungkook, but he holds jimin close to him.

What does he do. What should he do?

Everything hes known has now been turned around. He never expected to find his mate, and if he were to, he promised jimin he would reject them. They promised each other.

But in that moment, seeing the boy who was his mate, made him second guess everything he told himself, his parents, and his boyfriend.

And he hated himself for it.

Because he knew in the end someone would get hurt. Rejecting your mate was a huge deal, but going back on a promise he made to the person he had been closest to for 13 years was something he never planned for.

He had no issues with taehyung, so rejecting him would be almost cruel on jungkooks end. Sure he thought he would always reject his mate, but taehyung looked innocent and harmless, needing protecting from the world. And it didn't help either that jungkook knew some of his family, because he didn't want to hurt them either, which would happen in the process of rejecting his mate.

But hurting jimin, he thought, would be worse. Jimin, his boyfriend. The one who's been there for him since day one. The one who holds his hand when he gets worried or upset. Who he wakes up next to, happy because he sees him smiling. The one he knows. The one he loves.

'Reject him.'

Why not? Jungkook doesn't know him. All he had to do was declare his rejection and continue living his happy life with jimin as they had planned.

But still, something inside of him was telling him not to.

Leaning down to place a kiss on jimins forehead, he distracted himself from his thoughts, asking "so how was it? Did you meet anyone? Any new friends?"

Giggling, jimin looking up at him, "yeah actually, I did!"

"That's great babe, who was it? I hope they didn't try anything," he added jokingly.

"No don't worry.. his name is taehyung!"

Suddenly freezing, jungkook questions him, "is he by chance, hoseoks brother- The future alpha of blue moon."

Looking surprised, jimin nods, "yeah! How'd you know?"

"Oh, I was friends with Hoseok.. we met and he told me all about his family."

"That's great, we can all hang out then" jimin exclaimed, "that reminds me.. we should probably go back. Although I'd love to stay out here alone with you in your arms forever, I want to meet taehyungs family. He was really excited about that. Oh and of course you can meet him too."

Hesitating, but knowing he can't hide forever, jungkook reluctantly agreed.

Sensing worry by the look on his boyfriends face, jimin grabs jungkooks hand, "hey.. you okay?"

Strongly gripping back onto jimins hand, jungkook responds, "yeah. Yes. I'm fine. Thank you."

Not totally believing him, but deciding to let it go, jimin places a light kiss against jungkooks lips, "I love you."

And that was it.

Jungkook knew what he had to do.

All of his worries and fear were gone with those three words being said to him- reassuring him.

"I love you too."

He decided he would have to reject taehyung.