Mango Ice Cream

Logan stared as a random guy picked her girlfriend up, spinning her around like they were in some sappy romantic comedy movie. Except that the butt of the joke in this entire thing was her. Her eyes met Peyton's hesitant eyes and she couldn't help but look away, she wouldn't subject herself to this kind of torture.

She moved to Olivia and Ethan and put on a fake smile, "I'm sorry Mr. and Mrs. King, but I think I have to decline your dinner invitation. I totally forgot my parents wanted to talk on the phone tonight."

"Are you sure? We wouldn't mind if you took the phone call at our house. I know Peyton would really like to celebrate her win tonight with you," Olivia stated.

Logan's tense smile stayed on her face, "any other time, I would've loved to stay for dinner, but it's the first time we've talked since the accident so I might be on the phone for a while."

"Oh, of course. I'm sorry if we came off insensitive. Of course, you'd want to talk to your parents," Ethan comforted.

Logan shook her head with a smaller smile, "that's alright," she turned to look at Peyton who was still talking to Grayson. Her heart broke a little as she remembered what had just happened, "can you please tell Peyton bye? I don't want to disturb them."

Olivia went to protest but Logan already started walking towards her car where Darren still stood shellshocked that his best friend said yes to Grayson.

"Hey," Logan opened her door and waited until Darren looked at her, "I'm going to head out." She got into her car when Darren walked to the driver's window.

"Hey, Logan, call me if you need anything," he glanced at Peyton who was still preoccupied with a talkative Grayson, "if you need to talk, you have my number."

She gave him a sad smile before she turned her car on and peeled out of the parking lot.

Peyton had a nervous smile on her face as Grayson put her down. She had her back towards her parents, Darren, and Logan and if she were completely honest, she preferred it that way. She wasn't ready to see her parents' happy faces, the displeasure from Darren, and the sadness on Logan's. If Paige was here to witness the mess she created she was sure she'd be angry at her.

Grayson was talking a mile a minute, talking about color coordinating and renting out a limo. Peyton tried to keep up but it was hard to even get a word in and her mind was somewhere else anyways.

She suddenly heard the roar of a car coming to life, then seconds later, the sound of tires against the pavement.

Peyton turned her head to see Logan's red sports car making its way out of the parking lot. Her heart started beating in her chest, what had she done? she looked at Darren for help but he just shook his head at her.

"Fix this," he mouthed to her before he walked to his car.

Peyton sighed, as she felt a headache coming on, Grayson still going on about prom. She closed her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose.

Grayson finally stopped talking and looked down trying to catch Peyton's eyes, "hey are you ok?"

Peyton opened her eyes and gave him a weak smile, "yeah I think I just need to lie down."

He nodded his head empathetically, "you've had a long day, I'll get out of your hair," he stepped into her space and gave her a hug, "thank you for saying yes," he whispered into her hair.

Peyton's legs buckled slightly as he pulled away and gave her and her parents a wave as he walked away.

Olivia and Ethan walked up from behind Peyton with smiles on their faces, Olivia's considerably wider than Ethan's.