Elmo at the door

*present Josh

"I had the perfect day. Until about 10:30pm. That's when it all happened. That's whe-"

"WHEN HE SHOWED UP RIGHT?! WHEN HE HA-"
"Dr.Ohara! If I'm cut off again I'm out!"

"Yes, I'm sorry...please continue."

"As I said before, it was about 10:30 when we heard singing coming from the back yard."

*flashback

"Hey...hey you guys wake up. I hear singing."

I remember all of them being mad that I woke them up and we went back and forth for a while, but I somehow managed to convince them to come with me to the back yard.

One of my friends,Kyle, had a bad lisp.

"Joth I don't think we thould be back here. We thold your mom we were thleeping."

"Dude we all hear the singing..something up."

"Fine."

*present josh

"And I will never for get what we saw. As we turned the corner of the hallway we had a perfect view of the backyard through the sliding glads door. And there it was. A man in an Elmo costume. It was wrong though, the costume was deformed and  looked like it had been homemade. It was scary. He had a table next to him with a birthday cake. It was calling us to the door, the voice was awfully familiar to me..."

*flashback

"Happy bi- (he noticed us) Hey kids! Why don't you come over and open this door and we can have some fun! Oh I know! How about the birthday boy! C'mon Josh! Open the door buddy! We can have a grand old time if you do!"

My voice quivered "N-no thank you, my party is over. And I'm not allowed to talk to strangers."

His voice got a bit irritated.
"But Josh buddy! Just open the door, I promise we will have fun! C'mon! Open it."
"Leave us alone!"

"Drew thut up!!"
Elmo was now very upset.

"JOSH!! OPEN THE FCKING DOOR! YOU GOTTA BLOW OUY YOUR BIRTHDAY CANDLES BUD! SO OPEN THE GODDAMN DOOR!!"

"No!"

The people who slept over were waking up and I could also hear my mom coming down the stairs. The Elmo heard em too so he disappeared into the darkness of the backyard.  My mom ran downstairs with my aunt and uncle.

" What is going on?! Why do I hear yelling?!"

"Mom mom! Someone is in the backyard! It was Elmo and he was knocking on the door!"

"Really boys? I said to go to sleep not tell scary stories."

"Marry-" my uncle broke in..
"I'll go check it out, I really don't mind."

"Ben are you sure?"

"Yeah it's no problem."