Chapter 9: Chicken

Jungkook's POV:

There she is, the member of TWICE that I met first, before any others, became friends, and possibly developed feelings for her. But its not Tzuyu.

I first met Sana an awards show. I don't remember which one, but I remember it was right after their debut. After my performance, she complimented me, and me being my young self, I cherished her compliment. We kept on meeting at award shows, and eventually, she asked for my number. I gladly gave it to her, and we parted ways. She texted me that night, and we practically spent the whole night texting. We were extremely close, but as TWICE and BTS gained more popularity, we didn't have time to talk to each other often, and we were tired so we slept right away. 

One day I saw her on the street, arm in arm with Mark from Got7, and then they hugged next to a cafe that I was in. I still don't know the exact reason why, but I got jealous. I never really had that many other idol friends outside of BTS, and it felt nice to have another friend that I didn't have to live with every single day. I was still young, and couldn't figure out my feelings, so I cut contact with her. Of course I saw her at other shows and programs, but I did my best to keep out of her way. But now she's here, in front of me, and I don't know what to say to her. 

"Sana, I-"

"Jungkook, you know how sad I was when you stopped texting me, not returned any calls, and avoided me? I felt so rejected, so betrayed. Why did you stop to talking to me? I'm going to do the same to you now." she said, as she walked away into the night. 

I stood there, shocked and hurt, my heart twisted up into knots. Is this how all of my friendships end up? I dragged myself all the way back to the dorm where I collapsed on the bed.

Tzuyu's POV:

"Tzuyu! Are you okay?" Dahyun asked, running through the doorway. I was alone, since Taehyung had gone back to his dorm a couple minutes ago.

"Yes Dahyunnie I'm fine" I said. The nurse came back from her desk and walked over to me and Dahyun.

"So Tzuyu, unfortunately you won't be able to dance for about a week and a half, and I contacted JYP about this already, and he said that you should miss some sort of program later this week" she said.

I sighed, sad that I wasn't going to be with my unnies, but knew it was for the greater good.

Taehyung's POV:

I was scrolling through my phone while laying on my bed in the dorm. I was looking at the internet when I saw a link that said TWICE on a new show! I immediately clicked on it without thinking. I watched for a couple of minutes only to find that Tzuyu wasn't there. It was probably because of her injury a couple days ago. I was worried for Tzuyu, and shuffled out of my room when Jin hyung called us out for dinner. 

Everyone was there already, and was looking worriedly at Jungkook. Normally he would be stuffing his face with dinner right now, but he was eating considerably slowly. He had been like this for a couple of days. He seemed tired, and really out of it lately, he even missed some dance moves during the practice this morning, and that never happens. Jungkook excused himself from the table quickly, and went to his room. 

"Should I go check on him?" I quietly asked my hyungs.

"Go ahead" Namjoon said. I was on my way to Jungkook's room while thinking of ways to win Tzuyu's heart. This was like a game of chicken. Where two cars drive towards each other until one chickens out and avoids the crash. But the chicken is not me. I walked past the living and I noticed his phone on the table. Its very unlikely for him to leave his phone there, so I grabbed it and kept going to his room until I got an idea to win the game. 

Back to Tzuyu's POV:

I was reading a book on my bed when I felt my phone vibrate next to me. Who could it be?  Most of the people who would text me would be in the dorm with me right now. I picked up my phone, and swiped my finger on the screen to unlock it.

Unknown: Tzuyu-ah annyeong!

Tzuyu: Who are you?

Unknown: It's Taehyung!

Tzuyu: How did you get my number? *changes contact name*

Taehyung: I stole Jungkook's phone and I got it

Taehyung: Is your ankle feeling better? I noticed you weren't on the broadcast the other day

Tzuyu: Yes, its getting much better. I think I can dance again next week

Tzuyu: Thanks again for bringing me to the nurse

Taehyung: No problem!

Tzuyu: To thank you, I'll treat you to some food. Is Friday okay?

Taehyung: Sure! See you then

Tzuyu: Bye!

A/N: Thank you all so much for 400+ reads!!! 보라해 💜💜💜💜