:Chapter 14:

:Lore:

"Mates?" I asked Isaac. "Yeah you and I, we're mates." Isaac told me with a bit of a smile on his face. "Mates, like animal mates?" I asked. Isadora had left the moment that the mates subject had come up which made me a bit more aware.

It was obvious on why know. The mates topic was a sensitive and personal one without a single doubt. "Yeah like animal mates, my wolf Venom he chooses the mates, and he chose you." Isaac said and I smiled a bit at the thought of Venom.

Even through this all Venom to me was still the same. A wolf, he just happened to live in Isaac. "Is Venom a separate being?" I asked and Isaac nodded at that. "That's interesting." I said and Isaac smiled at that. "Yeah." Isaac said giving me a smile as he looked around.

"Can, can I see him?" I asked Isaac. "Um, if you want." Isaac said watching me with curiosity in his gaze. "Yeah." I told him a bit interested on how I would be meeting Venom. Isaac nodded shutting his eyes and I watched him with an intense interest on what could be going on.

When Isaac's eyes opened they were a bright gold and I watched with interest. Out of nowhere I reached forward and touched his cheek. Isaac --- Venom looked at me leaning into the touch of my cheek making me smile just a bit before I pulled back.

"That's cool." I told him and Venom smiled at me. "Yeah, I prefer my form though." Venom said. "The wolf, he's very cute." I said and Venom smiled. "Thank you." Venom said leaning forward his golden eyes taking me in as I watched him unsure of how to react to all of this.

"Are you influenced by the full moon?" I asked Venom. "Yes the moon phases do influence a werewolf. But most of us learn how to master our ability to be influenced by the moon phases. Takes a year or two, but I have it under control." Venom said and I nodded at that.

"Why did you chose me as your mate?" I asked. Venom bit his lip. "Werewolves, our god is the moon goddess, Diana, Artemis, however you want to put it. She chooses a variety of people to be our mates, only us wolves can choose." Venom said.

I nodded. "Once our mate is chosen they are the only ones who can be destined for us. There is no second chance mate if you mess it up. Just that one or having to settle for someone else. A reason mates are so sacred to us," Venom continued as I listened.

"Only a wolf can chose the mate and we would never reject our mate, it would be the humans doing. Our souls are matches to ones meant to fit us, like perfect puzzle pieces. That complement us perfectly and makes us work and rethink our ways." Venom spoke with a smile.

"We are made to fit each other. Everything complements each other in a perfect way. You just happened to complement me the best, that's why I chose you. We can sense a potential mate from afar and are given the choice, yes or no. I gave the yes confirming our fate." Venom said.

Our fate to be together. "So your all that I can ever have?" I asked Venom. "Yes, humans however it's a bit different with. You can no doubt feel the mate bond, but not as much as a werewolf would." Venom said and I tilted my head to the side in a bit of confusion.

"Mate bond?" I asked. "It's the bond of mates. It's what makes us feel the way we do, it's not the strongest until the female is marked." Venom said brushing some hair from his face as I tilted my head to the side in confusion once more.

"Marked?" I asked. "Werewolves we mark each other. It's a bite, it goes typically on the collarbone right here." Venom said touching me and I shivered at his touch making him smile just a bit at that. His touch was like shivers all in my body making me unsure.

"And it forms into a marking, moons, and things like that. Typically a representation of the werewolf and what it's about." Venom said and I nodded at that. "Anything else?" I asked. "Well our marks can't be removed and start the official mating process, a female wolf goes into heat afterwards." Venom spoke.