XXIX - Stronger

21 months flew so quickly.

Many good things happened, yet they were some challenging times as well.

Looking back, I didnt know how I overcame all of those.
Im happy that I have encountered these things which led me to what I am now - bolder, stronger and tougher Stephanie Lee.

Our love, patience and trust with each other were tested many times while Daesung was on the military. We had faced lots of arguments and misunderstandings, and some of it were unresolved.
I held on with our relationship despite our disagreements.

5 weeks of his training upon his enlistment were the saddest part of my life. No communication at all.

I have adjusted a lot with our situation. Things got a little better as days and months passed by.
He used to message and call me if time and circumstances permitted him. Our conversations in the phone were limited only.

He even got angry when he saw some pictures of me circling in the net. There were instances that he felt sad and dismayed bout his situation inside the military.

But good thing about him was he didnt forget the special days like Valentines, our anniversaries, my birthdays, my parents birthdays etc.. He even asked some help from his manager to make those days memorable without him. He would send flowers, gifts, food etc.
There were times that Han were in the office along with some snacks, coffee & pastries.
I have appreciated the efforts he have done.

His two franchised businesses were doing well and earning twice as its normal expected profit.

Daesung did a great job in the military. He was appointed as Lead Instructor in his Army division in Recruit Training Center. He used to perform as well in some military events -concerts, festivals etc.

I seldom visited him coz Daesung didnt want me to come as it was very far as well.

He was granted for 3 days leave thrice when their unit/group won in some military activities, 15 dayd holiday leave, 5 days sick leave and 1 day special leave during Nix and Top wedding. They got married 3 months after Hyung Top's military discharge.

I could even count the days that we have been together.

Lots of changes happened in my work as well. I was promoted as Chief Finance Officer, still for Google Asia.
Emma was still my assistant.
The scope of my work broadened, as I need to travel most of the times in HQ and regional offices in Asia.

I have attended many company, university, events seminars & conferences in Korea and other Asian Countries as Speaker.

Same time, I was helping Dad in our family business and Unnie Honey in Daesung's businesses.

I decided to keep myself busy.

There were numerous demands & pressures that I have faced with.

Adjustment in my new position had taken me spun-out time, as I need to study and evaluate many aspects in each Regional corporate structures.

Struggles in work and in my relationship with Daesung helped me to strive hard and made me view all things positively.

With the help of my family, Daesung's family and friends, they have guided and supported me all throughout of this journey.

Nix: Are you going to Hwacheon tomorrow for Daesung military's release?

Steph:No! No! He told me also its not needed. Ceo Pichai was here in Korea now, we have an executive meeting tomorrow. Then convention the next day and company party the day after. Im already tired cuz... really.